Senior Solution Architect
Position: Senior Solution Architect
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
A Solution Architect (SA) is a unique individual who combines the communications skills to build strong professional relationships with the technical skills to develop compelling network solutions that solve customers? business issues. The SA partners with an Account Manager to drive revenue growth for Juniper and Ericsson by delivering business success to our customers.
Daily activities include direct customer & Juniper/Ericsson engagement; comprehensive discovery, information sharing & collaborative solution design; proposal development; solution demonstrations; proof-of-concept test design & execution. SAs also work collaboratively within Juniper/Ericsson to highlight emerging customer requirements & use cases, convey competitive landscape, and coordinate with Juniper/Ericsson & partner professional services to ensure implementations meet or exceed customer expectations. Additionally, time is invested in technical, professional and leadership development through self-study and formal training.
If you have over-the-top technical aptitude and curiosity, if you can influence both technical & business stakeholders, if your interpersonal and high-impact presentation skills evoke passion and confidence, if you?re a born problem solver that likes to get your hands dirty, and if you have a burning desire to solve the hard problems in a fast-changing, competitive industry, Juniper and Ericsson Networks are the place for you!
This position supports the Ericsson – Juniper IP partnership program. This position is for Juniper Pre-sales and Sales support towards Airtel Africa Group and represents full portfolio: Routing, Switching, Security Solutions, and automation. This position reports to the Ericsson Head of Transport for MMEA. This position requires travel to Airtel Opco countries.
– A minimum of 10 years of experience as a pre-sales SA for a network vendor; 10 or more years network engineering experience
– Desirable previous work experience with Ericsson, Juniper or Airtel
– Strong hands-on experience with Juniper solutions or equivalent
– Experience designing/building large scale data centers and global WANs
– JNCIE or CCIE highly desirable
– BGP, MPLS, IS-IS, OSPF, Clos, Hybrid Cloud architectures
– Understanding of related network security technologies ? NGFW, VPN, IDP
– Strong Data Center and fabric knowledge is required
– Route /Switch L2/L3 technologies
– Desired Skills ? Automation and Virtualization
– Python, OpenStack, VMWare/NSX, Contrail, Automation experience
– Programming Skill