RF Planning And Optimisation Specialist
FPG are recruiting on behalf of a global telecom vendor for a RF Planning and Optimization Specialist. This is an excellent opportunity for a contractor to start within the next 2-4 weeks. Only candidates with recent UK network experience working with companies such as Huawei / Ericsson / Nokia / Vodafone / BT / O2 / 3UK will be considered.
Only candidates based in the UK with valid working rights can be considered due to the urgency of the requirement.
What we are looking for:
- Strong 5G Radio optimisation experience (18 months+) with Nokia RAN solution and Experience with 4G RAN Nokia, Huawei 4G RAN and preferably Ericsson 4G RAN. 2G expertise is also a bonus.
- Also knowledge of Nokia’s small cell solution and ESN network solution is a bonus
- Knowledge of Nokia Airscale and Flexi-BTS solutions 2G/4G/5G
- Experience on 2G/4G swap projects and 5G rollout projects and be able to lead remote teams to ensure that the KPI performance of a given geographic location is met.
- Strong knowledge of Nokia 2G/4G and 5G parameters and counters is a must, also be able define and analyse pre and post swap KPI counter performance of a group of sites in a swap or rollout area, ensuring the performance is optimised to allow the area to be transferred to operations post swap.
- Knowledge of RF optimisation (antenna optimisation), RF planning/optimisation tools and drive test post processing tools. Familiarity with NetAct, able to extract pre/post swap performance data and prepare detailed customer reports in Power-point.
- Knowledge of multivendor optimisation (for example Huawei to Nokia) and comparison of KPIs from counters between the two vendors
- Strong customer facing skills and consultancy, leadership skills, strong communications skills, able to interface with customer technical staff and customer project director level
- Ideally 15 years + of experience in the mobile telecommunications industry in Digital Radio Network Optimisation
- IP knowledge would be beneficial to this role
If your are interested in this role, please apply or contact me for more information.