OpenRAN Physical Layer Specialist
Research & Development Engineer (Physical Layer Specialist)
FPG are recruiting on behalf of our client, a multi-national telecom company with key strategic partnerships within Open RAN, therefore presenting an exciting opportunity for a Physical Layer Specialist / R&D Engineer with previous experience within 4G / 5G fronthaul protocols, algorithms, 4G / 5G physical layer components and architecture.
The successful candidate must have experience within RAN topology including radio and baseband systems integration tests, radio conformance tests, antenna systems, eNodeB etc.
Based out of London, this is an exciting opportunity to join a centralised team of 5G and O-RAN Experts to deliver my client?s 5G offerings globally. Through using strategic partnerships and O-RAN technology, my client will be engaging with operators across the world in conducing PoC trials, pilot launches and the commercial launch of 4G and 5G technology.
Only candidates based in the European Union or have valid UK working rights can be considered.
Scope of Work
– Open fronthaul protocols including profile alignment
– 4G and 5G Physical layer components, algorithms and architectures
– Radio conformance testing for 4G and 5G RRH and mMIMO active antenna systems
– Radio and baseband system integration test
– Analysis, specification and design of the RAN topology to meet the customer requirements, ensuring the proposed implementation will meet the quality, robustness and scalability demanded by top tier telecoms networks
– Identifying, defining and driving feature enhancements back in to the system development and RAN partner alignment activities
– Supporting system performance evaluation and improvement during technology trials and commercial pilots
– Act as Subject Matter Expert for 4G and 5G RAN physical layer to support the client?s business in this area.
– Act as the client?s lead for the alignment of fronthaul profiles between the selected partner Baseband and Radio components.
– Support the System Integration Test team with the development of test plans, optimisation and issue investigation for Radio and Baseband integration and Radio Conformance Tests.
– Identify, define and communicate system improvements, feature requirements and technology strategies to the system development team and the client?s partners.
– Lead the investigations in to reported field issues, ensuring that issues are resolved in a timely manner and that any resulting field learnings are captured in an internal ?best practices? guidance note for future activities.
– Prepare material for and present to customers as part of pre and post-sales activities where required.
– Define, review and document Customer requirements from the market.
– Assist the PLM team with new product selection by performing technical risk assessment and design audits for new Products against client?s requirements and providing a technical recommendations to PLM based on the assessed risks.