First Point Group is currently looking for 3 RF Engineers to work in either Plano, Texas or Irvine, CA.
The ideal candidate must be experienced with the following:
Must have knowledge about LTE/VoLTE technology, LTE network architecture, 3GPP standards; Additionally, experience in supporting RF deployments with US-based cellular operators preferred; 3G knowledge of eCSFB issues required.
Must have a minimum of 7-years work experience in RF Optimization for LTE / UMTS / GSM/ CDMA / EV-DO.
- Have used the planning tools such as Aircom Asset3G, Planet EV, Atoll
- Detailed understanding of inputs required, and how to create a new project in a planning tool
- Able to perform model tuning
- Have used the ACP (Automatic Cell Planning) tool, preferably Wines, Arieso
- Able to make recommendations to improve a network design (cell plan)
- Detailed understanding of Monte Carlos Analysis.
- Experience in Scrambling Code and Neighbor planning. Tuning
- Able to make recommendations in parameter changes, feature activations on drive test data to improve the system performance.
- Detailed understanding of optimization tools such as TEMS investigation, Actix, Agilent
- Experience in tuning a loaded network, and understand the difference between artificial and real traffic loading
- Knowledge of how IRAT procedures can affect the overall Service Quality both for PS and CS traffic
- Suggests improvements to tools
- Understand the impact of adding 2nd carrier on the network Optimization
- Has the competence to implement and experiment on RAN features relative to traffic analysis
- Understands the relationship between Soft/Softer Handovers and Network Capacity, and how to optimize both.
- Detailed knowledge of the Ericsson OSS, and how to operate the optimization tools
- Detailed knowledge of KPIs and able to make recommendations to improve them
- Understand how to enhance uplink tuning is performed
Candidates must be eligible to work in the USA. No Corp to Corp, no H1B.
US Citizens, Green Card, valid EAD and TN Visa candidates are welcome to apply.
Duration: 12+ Months
Locations: Plano, TX (2) and Irvine, CA (1)