Telecoms Estates Surveyor
FPG are recruiting for a Telecoms Regional Property Surveyor on behalf of our client, a leading international telecommunication company to support their project with a telecoms operator.
The Regional Property Surveyor will be accountable for the day to day estate management in their individually allocated portfolio of sites; being the nominated subject matter specialist lead responsible for overall management and professional direction given in respect to specific cohort of sites.
– Introduce, through training workshops, client/customer?s Property processes.
– Engaging cross-functionally as well as within the Property Department to inspire and empower process change.
– Provide support to Shareholders, Suppliers and Contractors in the implementation of ECC reform especially in the context of renewals and to act as an escalation point when issues are encountered.
– Introduce innovation into all processes that can impact results, enhance delivery and assist the organisation to meet its business objectives and goals.
– Implement any ?quick win? process improvements to enhance delivery and to react to what will be a rapidly evolving workspace.
– Support internal and external stakeholders in Acquisition, Legal Deployment and Transmission functions.
– Have a vision of the big picture and be able to foster an environment of continuous improvement.
– Provide support to suppliers in site specific issues.
– Provide pragmatic, prudent and consistent advice to third parties to ensure the cost effective implementation of site acquisition.
– Maximise the cost savings / cost prevention through the effective use of the ECC.
– Play an active role in the leadership and management of escalations and escalation management to ensure pre-litigious cases are kept to a minimum, and where possible, aligned to KPIs.
– Introducing effective change through client customer Property Processes.
– Be prepared to be a disruptive force to effect positive transformational business change.
– Ensure client and customer Property Processes protect the network for the millions of customers who use it.
– Orchestrate effective end to end processes to deliver the right outcomes.
– Eliminate avoidable delay and ensure that appropriate ownership action and where necessary escalation is taken in a timely, cost effective manner.
– Regular interface with Head of Service Delivery and Estates Management, customer Estates Manager, customer Head of Property and Property Director and with all levels within the Property Team. Along with client Dispatch, Estates, Proactive teams, and External Legal support.
– Managing workshops and meetings.
– Presenting recommended courses of action.
– Strategic approaches.
– Training – Training of Estates Teams, Training of Dispatch Teams
Across other function:
– Working x-functionally, particularly with colleagues in Legal and Operations.
– Training of Small Works Contractors
– Training of external lawyers
– Ensuring customer?s Shareholder Stakeholders are appropriately engaged, consulted and Informed.
Other key relationship comments:
– The role may also require the building of relationships outside of the business with Landlord Suppliers and other stakeholders.
– Close liaison with client external lawyers.
– Property knowledge.
– Demonstrable experience in Business Process and Transformational Change.
– Have worked in an Operator, Managed Service Supplier or Small Works Contractor environment.
Nice to have:
– Property related Qualifications eg RICS or CAAV membership or comparable experience.
– Knowledge of Code (Digital Economy Act).
– Experience of compulsory purchase.
Business / context
– internal company knowledge (policies; procedures; strategies); industry background; knowledge of external market
– Telecoms experience, gained at either Operator, Managed Service Provider or Small Works Contractor level or Valuation expertise gained working for Chartered Surveying practice or similar.
Nice to have:
– Qualifications and or related experience relating to Business Process change.