Role: Core, Big Data / Analytics BI Engineer
Start date: June 2020
The BI Engineer works closely with customers and Data Scientist to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. They provide data that is accurate, congruent, reliable and easily accessible. The data they provide helps business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience, and business results.
– Participate in gathering and documenting reporting requirements to meet business needs.
– Use those requirements to design, develop, test and implement reports and dashboards that utilize the underlying data store(s)/ data warehouse(s) / data mart(s).
- Take in charge of development activities (user stories)
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements
- Participate in the translation of business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
- Transfer developed reports and dashboards to the Customer & Support team with appropriate documentation
Provide technical support
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports and dashboards for both external and internal users
- Provide technical assistance and cross-training to other team members.
- Bring technical expertise (telecom/system skills)
- Problem analysis & solving
- Technical notes writing on demand
- Answer requests for technical information
- Promote our tools & services during the execution of the projects
- Masters network problematics with an end to end perspective and across various technologies.
- Is able to validate a telecom product with a real customer perspective through knowledge of 2G/3G/4G network architecture elements and protocols.
- Have an in-depth understanding of Telecommunications and Data Networking theory.
- Knowledge of multi-vendors (network elements architecture, OMC parameters, dimensioning rules?)
- Ericsson and 4G experiences Solutions & Products portfolio Intermediate
- Through knowledge of Exfo/Astellia features, is able to explain how Exfo/Astellia solutions work and how to use them.