The world’s leading telecom company is interviewing immediately for a Rigger / Build Manager with an understanding of rigging works and enough rigging experience to understand what materials are required for rigging work. This is a fantastic opportunity for a slight change in career direction and entering Quantity Surveying if you are interested in a more office-based position and reduced site travel. Previous experience with companies such as WHP / Wilkinson Helsby, ICS Group, Vodafone, LCC, CTIL, Daly International will be a massive bonus. The successful candidate MUST have telecommunication rigging experience and have Rooftop Access & RF Awareness certificates.
This is a long-term extendable contract on a project expected to last a minimum of 4 years depending on your delivery. You will be working on projects with this client’s customers which are leading tier 1 MNO (Major Network Operators).
– To manage the site construction costs for large telecommunications project to assess and evaluate costs provided by partner and to add value engineering to solutions.
– Will report into the Technical Director
– 80% office based & 20% site visits for site meetings, site surveys, quality audits etc.
– Review Partner Civil & Structural Work Quotes against Detailed Designs, Price Schedule and Guidelines for non-scheduled Items.
– Negotiate agreement for items in quotes with Partners, working with team to develop Guidelines for non-scheduled items
– Use spreadsheet tools to generate Customer Order Requests from agreed quotes
– Negotiate agreement for items in order requests queried by customer
– Following build work negotiate agreed final accounts with partners and customer
– 3 years minimum experience within construction
– Able to look at detail design and survey, understand what rigging work is required
– What effort required for different rigging work
– What materials required for rigging work
– Experience and knowledge of network deployment and delivery projects
– Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages, especially Microsoft Excel
– Professional structured approach to working on own initiative
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Certificates: Rooftop Access & RF Awareness