Three of the hottest NFV, Cloud Technologies and DevOps jobs in the Middle East in 2022
$31.4bn USD! That’s the expected value of the MEA cloud computing market in 2026, an increase from $14.2bn USD last year according to news outlet ReportLinker.
With more business adapting to hybrid and easy access solutions, Network functions Virtualization (NFV) and cloud computing are getting busier as one of the hottest verticals in technology. In the Middle East, since the inception of local data centres, companies are getting the flexibility and encouragement they needed to go on cloud.
“As the overall digital maturity across sectors increases, cloud or SaaS players will become an important enabler to build capabilities across the value chain.” said Sandeep Ganediwalla, RedSeer’s managing partner in the Middle East and North Africa. To give context into how important this sector is becoming, Oracle’s IaaS and SaaS contribute 25% towards the company’s total annual revenue with an annual run rate of $10bn.
Huawei will invest $15m (USD) over the next three years on their Cloud Oasis program. With more companies moving to cloud, the demand for DevOps Engineers and Cloud Consultants (development and deployment) are increasing with every passing day. And with the smart city initiatives across the Middle East, and IoT and 5G being the centre of most of these initiatives, there is a noticeable increase for Solutions Engineers (IoT/5G).
In Dubai specifically, several SMBs and European based enterprises are strategically trying to grow their cloud solutions sales business and as a result, new business development cloud sales professionals are highly sought after.
Below are three types of roles that we believe will be in demand in the Middle East this year along with their typical job responsibilities:
HOT JOB ONE: DEVOPS ENGINEER JOBS
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Monitor and fix the DevOps pipeline infrastructure on cloud
- Implementing new enhancements and CI/CD tools
- Updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
HOT JOB TWO: CLOUD ARCHITECT JOBS
- Design and implement complex cloud solutions
- Mapping with IT infrastructure design and its implications and impact to customers business and organization
- Should have strong strategic planning experience
- Building cloud transformation strategy
- Develop new methods and procedures for cloud adoptions and transformation strategy
HOT JOB THREE: CLOUD PLATFORM SOFTWARE ENGINEER JOBS
- Develop and deliver high-quality products and services on top of the platform
- Identify areas of improvement and proactively implement those with the R&D team
- Develop Solution & cognitive services for the AI platform implementation
- Propose further enhancements and additional cognitive services to the AI platform based on captured requirements and future sector expansion needs
The jobs market in the Dubai is currently booming and 2022 is expected to see exponential growth. If you are considering a career move for a new job in telecommunications or network technology, contact me or our team in Dubai.