BTS Field Engineer
Responsibilities & Qualifications
What is a typical job description of a BTS Field Engineer?
A typical job description for a BTS Field Engineer may include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Installation and commissioning of BTS equipment and antennas, including power systems, cabling, and auxiliary equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance activities to ensure optimal performance of BTS equipment, including regular checks of power systems, cooling systems, and alarms.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues with BTS equipment, such as power failures, cooling problems, and equipment malfunctions.
- Upgrading and maintaining BTS software and hardware, including the installation of new software releases, hardware upgrades, and configurations.
- Interfacing with customers and stakeholders to understand their requirements and provide technical support, including answering questions, providing training, and resolving issues.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date records of all BTS equipment and related activities, including inventory, maintenance activities, and troubleshooting records.
- Adhering to health and safety regulations and guidelines while performing maintenance and installation activities.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong technical background in electronics and telecommunications, with hands-on experience in installing and maintaining BTS equipment. A bachelor's degree in electronics, telecommunications, or a related field is preferred, along with certifications in relevant technologies. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also important, as the BTS Field Engineer will be working with a variety of stakeholders and customers.
What skills, qualifications and experience BTS Field Engineer need?
- Technical proficiency: A strong technical background in electronics and telecommunications is essential for a BTS Field Engineer. This includes an understanding of BTS equipment, power systems, cabling, and auxiliary equipment.
- Hands-on experience: A BTS Field Engineer should have hands-on experience in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting BTS equipment.
- Problem-solving skills: The ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues with BTS equipment is a critical skill for this role.
- Communication skills: A BTS Field Engineer should have strong communication and interpersonal skills, as they will be interfacing with customers and stakeholders to understand their requirements and provide technical support.
- Organizational skills: The ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all BTS equipment and related activities is important in this role.
A bachelor's degree in electronics, telecommunications, or a related field is preferred for this role. Aslo, certifications in relevant technologies, such as GSM, 3G, 4G, LTE, and 5G, can be beneficial for a BTS Field Engineer.