Core Network Optimisation Engineer
Responsibilities & Qualifications
What is a typical job description of a Core Network Optimisation Engineer?
The responsibilities and job description of a Core Network Optimization Engineer may vary depending on the organization and specific job requirements. However, some typical responsibilities and duties of a Core Network Optimization Engineer include:
- Analyzing network performance and identifying areas for improvement in the core network infrastructure, such as switches, routers, and servers.
- Designing and implementing solutions to optimize the network infrastructure to improve network efficiency, reduce latency, and increase throughput.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues related to the core network infrastructure, such as connectivity problems, system errors, and performance bottlenecks.
- Monitoring network performance to ensure that optimization efforts are successful and identifying further areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with other teams, such as network engineering, operations, and security teams, to ensure that network optimization efforts align with broader organizational goals and objectives.
- Developing and maintaining documentation of the network infrastructure, including diagrams, procedures, and policies.
- Staying up to date with the latest network optimization technologies and techniques, and recommending new solutions to enhance network performance.
- Participating in the planning and implementation of new network infrastructure projects, such as network upgrades and expansions.
- Ensuring that the network infrastructure meets industry standards and complies with regulatory requirements.
Overall, a Core Network Optimization Engineer is responsible for ensuring that the organization's core network infrastructure is performing optimally and efficiently, and that it is meeting the organization's broader goals and objectives.
What skills, qualifications and experience does a Core Network Optimisation Engineer need?
A Core Network Optimization Engineer typically requires a combination of technical skills, qualifications, and experience, including:
- Technical Skills: A Core Network Optimization Engineer needs a strong understanding of network infrastructure, such as switches, routers, and servers, as well as experience with network protocols and technologies, such as TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, MPLS, and QoS. They should also be proficient in network optimization tools and software, such as Wireshark, NetScout, and SolarWinds.
- Qualifications: A Core Network Optimization Engineer typically requires a bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related field. They may also hold industry certifications, such as CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, or JNCIP.
- Experience: A Core Network Optimization Engineer typically requires several years of experience in network optimization, network engineering, or a related field. They should have experience in analyzing network performance data, identifying areas for improvement, and implementing network solutions.
- Analytical Skills: A Core Network Optimization Engineer needs strong analytical skills to collect and analyze network performance data, identify network issues and bottlenecks, and develop solutions to improve network efficiency.
- Problem-solving Skills: A Core Network Optimization Engineer needs strong problem-solving skills to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to the core network infrastructure, such as connectivity problems, system errors, and performance bottlenecks.
- Communication Skills: A Core Network Optimization Engineer needs excellent communication skills to collaborate with other teams, such as network engineering, operations, and security teams, and to explain technical issues and solutions to non-technical stakeholders.
Overall, a Core Network Optimization Engineer requires a strong technical background, analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent communication skills to succeed in their role.