Solution Manager (Core)
FPG are recruiting for a Technical Solution Manager with experience managing technical projects within RNC / BSC and exposure to EMIL tools. The successful candidate must be able to travel freely across Europe although international travel may not be required. Sponsorship cannot be provided.
This is a great opportunity on 12 month extendable contract with a global solution provider and their project with one of the world’s leading operators.
- Upgrade documentation reviews. Next round of upgrades are as follows OMS19 -> OMS20, RNC19 -> RNC20, mcRNC19 -> mcRNC20, mcBSC19 -> mcBSC20, WBTS19 -> WBTS20, GF19 -> GF19 xx.
- Documentation needs to be carefully reviewed for any potential issues in the upgrade path, any post upgrade known impact, new features etc. Upgrade CuDo, LGF, TN’s, Compatibility Matrix, etc
- Create Test Entry Requirements (TER), Test Object List (TOL), Engineering Release Notes (ERN) and Deployment Plans (DP) for software upgrade project live cycles. TER, TOL & ERN to support the operator’s testbed activities and DP for live.
- Candidate must be comfortable taking a leading role in organizing all aspects of the testing and live deployment of software. Attending and actively contributing to internal and customer calls.
- Candidate must be comfortable dealing with adhoc requests from the customer with regard to design, upgrade, network issue topics.
- Candidate must be comfortable dealing with network issue escalations towards the Care team.
Engineering (expert knowledge of the following products):
- IPA 2600.
- WBTS R1, R2 & R3, RF Sharing, RxDiv Sharing.
- 2G BTS FSMF.
- Carry out software upgrade of all testbed RAN NE’s. 1* SOMS, 1*mcRNC, 1*IPA2600, 2*mcBSC + WBTS/2G BTSs.
- Carry out software upgrade of live RAN NE’s. 3*SOMS, 4*mcRNC, 4*mcBSC.
- Support SUS in software upgrade of live NE’s. 8*IPA + BTS install base ~2500 BTSs.
- Raise Salesforce tickets and investigate any issues which arise from lab or production network issues.
- During upgrade of each testbed NE the relevant TOL needs to be executed. Candidate must be able run the defined test cases (TOL) and collect all logs associated with them. OAM, FM, PM, CM, CS, PS.
Tools (must have expert knowledge of):
- EMIL, absolutely vital to the roll that the candidate is comfortable collecting and analysing L3 traces.
- WBTS Manager.
- BTS Manager.
- Netact CM, FM, PM+.