An international telecommunication firm is expanding their telecommunications arm within the UK and are hiring immediately for a RAN Technical Lead. The successful candidate will have previous technical experience in the UK with companies/projects such as Ericsson / Vodafone / MBNL / Huawei / O2 / EE / Telefonica / Nokia and on 3G / 4G / LTE networks.
*Candidates must have valid UK working rights due to the urgency of the project. We are unable to provide sponsorship*
As the Tech Lead on behalf of the Program/Delivery Management Team you will oversee technical solutions in relation to project requirements. The position will require technical planning, coordination and communication in an effective manner with internal and external customers.
You will have a technical background in telecoms, planning, design and supporting infrastructure for various OEM?s. Eye for detail will ensure you are able to create advanced technical solutions in a field and back-office setting. You will work in an environment where we promote innovation and help our customers deploy the latest technologies in their Radio Access and Transmission Networks.
- Evaluate Radio Access Network (RAN) and Transmission Network customer requirements for feasibility.
- Study high-level and detailed designs to develop technical solutions to be implemented by the Field Teams.
- Assist with project pricing based on the developed technical scope.
- Participate as a Technical Lead in internal and external customer meetings.
- Maintain ownership of projects, from a technical perspective, from inception to completion.
- Continuously support the Organization by exploring new and efficient ways of working.
- Review hand-over packs and perform quality audits on completed projects.
- Provide knowledge sharing and training to the client?s Field Teams.
- Retain the client?s high reputation within the Telecoms sector.
- Work alongside Delivery Managers to ensure all aspects of the projects are covered from a technical perspective.
- Work alongside the client?s QHSE to ensure all aspects of H&S for deployed staff are up to date.
- Highly experienced within mobile telecom networks.
- Proven track record of off-the-shelf and custom software tool use case development.
- Ability to work and communicate within a team effectively.
- Have relevant experience with mobile operators.
- Have relevant experience with network build processes.
- Knowledge of Huawei/Ericsson/Nokia RAN portfolios.
- Knowledge of AC and DC power distribution principles.
- Highly motivated and proactive.
- Ability to think on own feet and use initiative.
- Live within commutable distance of West Midlands.
- Full driving license.
- MS Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Visio, Power BI, SharePoint and other collaboration tools.
- Over 5 years’ experience in the Mobile Telecom industry.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.