Systems Integration Engineer (Openstack/Linux)
I am working with one of my clients – a leading global innovator in mobile wireless connectivity solutions, in the states/USA,
to recruit for a System Integration Engineer, which is a heavy travel role, 50% at least, sometimes it may spike to 75% at times.
Work location is based in Colorado state
The role, Systems Integration Engineer (SIE), is perm/full-time one. You will join the client’s team to help build, deploy Linux Servers,
setting up IPSEC tunnels, and also leverage your L2/L3 (network switching/routing) experience to connect and integrate into the customer network.
If you have a passion for Linux and networking, see below for more detailed info;
High-level Role description:
What you’ll be doing and Responsible for
• As a SIE role, you will support the systems engineering team, in which role, it will involve frequent domestic travel at least 50%, sometimes spiking to 75% at times.
• The role/engineer will be customer facing, working with the customers implementing client’s products and solutions.
• In often involves, Staging, building, integrating, and deploying Linux Servers running CentOS.
• To assist with customer trial systems and software & systems QA activities
• As part of the record-keeping, the engineer is to document site infrastructure following commissioning of systems
• Continuously participate in end to end (E2E) testing of systems as part of the deployment process
• In 4G network, to configure eNodeB and integrate system into customer network
• As needed, perform troubleshooting using log file analysis, wireshark captures (pcap file create/analysis), general IP network tools
• As needed, to Assist with building customer system replications for troubleshooting, QA and test purposes
• On on-going basis, to Assist with post-sales support as time allows
• Requires 5-7 years relevant working experience with:
• Demonstrate hands-on experience building Linux servers, and in depth command line (CLI) knowledge and experience with the Linux Operating System;
Cent OS / RedHat
• Had Experience with RF engineering and/or wireless networks, and Proficiency with 4G LTE and 5G architecture
• Advanced and tested knowledge of IP networking including routing and switching
• Solid understanding of security and IPSec tunnel set up
• Shown strong ability to troubleshoot issues on the fly while remaining calm under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of office suite applications such as Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel, etc.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or other applicable field.
Preferred qualification (Nice to have- desired skills)
• Understanding of EPC and mobile Core network architecture
• Knowledge of virtualized environments such as VMWare, KVM, Openstack, Docker
• Advanced knowledge of Linux operating system specifically relating to IP networking
• Good Understanding of end to end call flow is a huge plus
If this opportunity looks good for you or any referrals of yours, I’d love to have a chat.
Please share your CV to email@example.com