This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the biggest international telecom companies and the position is based in Spain! Our Client is looking for a SW R&D Line Manager who has at least 3 to 5 years of experience in a previous managerial position. Ideally the candidate needs to have already managed a team of 10 / 15 people.
This is on-site position, open for locals but also for expats since the Client can offer a relocation package and also sponsorship for Candidates coming from non-EU countries. Being super fluent in English is mandatory, Spanish is a plus.
You will be working in the Software R&D department, the candidate is not expected to have strong technical skills but he / she needs to be used to the technology environment though, and understand what it is about. Ideally we would like candidates coming from IT and / or Telecom industries but this is not a limit though. Leaderships certifications such as PMI, PMP would be a plus.
SW R&D Line Manager Job Description:
- We expect the candidate to lead the people and competence development of the R&D organization. You need to be creative, innovative, and excel in people management.
- Build a productive work environment for your team members and for the organization.
- Define and drive knowledge, technology, and organization strategy as well as drive process domain across the organization.
- Drive performance management.
- Drive competence management.
- Conduct Resource management.
- Look after finance within your group (finance is mainly related to time reporting activities of your team members, budget of your team and so on).
Required Experience for SW R&D Line Manager role
- Deep understanding of Product Development and Service Delivery related processes, models, and strategy.
- Customer, market, and technology insights to continuously improve and adapt organizational processes & people competence.
- Excellent social and communication skills.
- Financial acumen and skills (managing team salaries, time report etc.).
- Formulating strategies and concepts.
- Adhering to principles and values.
- Leading, supervising, and responding to change in a high pace environment.