Solution Architect – Infrastructure
FPG are recruiting on behalf of our client, a large media company. They are looking to hire an Infrastructure Solution Architect to join their project in London.
As a member of the Global Infrastructure Architect team you will responsible for the roadmap of our infrastructure designs and own design work for specific product and customer solutions.
You will be a member of a global team reporting to the Head of Infrastructure Design & Delivery within the Infrastructure Team. As a member of this team you will work closely with and develop strong relationships with teammates both locally and within other countries. Additionally, you will also work closely with other technical specialists, and infrastructure teams to deliver world class solutions on which the business operates.
Currently we are going through a global transformation of multiple architecture concepts to a single global unified infrastructure and architectural strategy, you will take ownership and be responsible for design and delivery of components of this strategy.
This team that you will join work in a semi -autonomous manner assigning various work tasks amongst themselves based upon both knowledge and business priority. The team also takes key decisions on improvements of ways of working. All team members actively take ownership of platform areas and also ways of working.
– Ensure end to end completeness of Infrastructure Technical Design, including NFRs validated and realized.
– Requirement gathering and responses for presales activities
– Ensure adherence to standards and influence solutions towards the Infrastructure future state model.
– Owning technology roadmaps and feeding wider business requirements into central infrastructure and engineering teams.
– Analysis of service-related trends and recommendation of technology change or improvements that better fit business needs.
– Working with implementation teams to ensure that delivered solutions match customer requirements
– Any other tasks to ensure successful delivery towards the end customer
– Contribution to Infrastructure Service Catalogue
Ideally you will require experience in the following areas
– Expertise in design of Active Directory, ADFS, Microsoft Cluster Solution architecture and Integration of core infrastructure technologies.
– Good knowledge and understanding of Linux architecture & integration with Active Directory
– Expertise in the design & deployment of VMware, Hyper-V and other Virtualization Technologies.
– Basic knowledge in core enterprise network design & infrastructure.
– Knowledge Application deployment architectures specifically System Centre Configuration Manager advantageous.
– Experience with design of Ansible, Kubernetes & Puppet is advantageous.
– System Centre Configuration Manager architecture & deployment.
– Strong knowledge of storage hardware including NAS & SAN environments.
– Experience in the design and deployment of public key infrastructure environments utilising the latest technologies.
– Knowledge of architecture for privilege management and implementation across a large scale organisation.
– Advanced knowledge and understanding of Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Security, SQL Server Reporting Services & SQL Server Integration Services.
– Experience in deployment of all infrastructure systems.
– Enterprise IT Lifecycle Management.
– Understanding of IT Infrastructure recharging & cost management within an enterprise environment.
– Ability to design and implement new systems
– Advanced knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Security Practices including experience in the design of group policies, machine hardening & management.
Experience in TOGAF, Agile and waterfall are all advantages with experience in relevant consultancy and/or architecture roles.
You should exhibit:
– A clear ability to multi-task in a complex dynamic environment with regularly changing priorities
– A strong belief in and commitment to structured and formalised approaches to documentation
– Deep understanding of customer service with the ability to view systems in terms of service provision rather than discrete technical components, and should see technology as a business enabler
– Strong ownership and sense of responsibility
– An understanding that the role of a technical specialist will occasionally require the flexibility to work out-of-hours and take ownership of service affecting issues until a satisfactory resolution is reached
– A commitment to knowledge sharing, cross skilling and a general appreciation of the need to eliminate single points of failure and enhance systems to the point of ?zero effort maintenance?
– An ability to take an evidence-based approach to problems and developments, gather data and demonstrate how proposed solutions will provide optimal outcomes
– High levels of persuasion, persistence and determination, as well as the ability to influence and negotiate with people and present ideas and issues with authority and evidence
– Understanding and appreciation of a formalised service management approach (ITIL for example), including an understanding of incident, problem and change management
– A very high standard of written and spoken English to help facilitate all the above.
If you wish to apply, or would like some more details, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 207 758 3980.