Site Design Engineer (wireless RAN Sites)
An international telecommunication company has a great opportunity for a Site Design Engineer that is interested in a 6 month extendable contract working remotely, to start within 2-4 weeks. Despite the current COVID situation, interviews can take place immediately and remotely for an immediate start. The successful candidate must have previous UK telecom experience designing sites for leading companies such as Vodafone / MBNL / CTIL / O2 / EE etc.
Candidates must be based in the UK as sponsorship cannot be provided.
– Wireless Telecoms Site Design experience essential
– At least 5 years of professional experience telecoms design and telecoms infrastructure projects or equivalent experience
– Prefer to have good understanding of MBNL site design guidelines
– Good understanding of Structural and/or Electrical design on Wireless Sites, required to have hands on design experience, including H&S compliance
– Working under CDM 2015 regulation
– Implement best practices and industry standards in designs
– Review and approve designs for issue
– Lead offshore team to review design (including DRA, dependency, ICNIRP document)
– Attend technical meetings with client/suppliers
– Ensure key Design Personnel receive the required training & development to carry out required tasks at a project specific level
– Expected to lead technical investigations that result from client/internal queries (technical or H&S) and to support the design team in providing detailed answers to address any concerns raised.
– Provide assist with project specific solutions & associated creation of documentation guidance for approval via Design Council & Tech Com
– Liaise with client SWC to resolve documentation conflicts and ensure correct standards and promote ?Right First Time? approach
– Support the Design Team (locally or remotely) with complex site solutions and resolution Point of escalation
– Management monitoring of forecasting for delivery of designs & dependencies etc. and ensure relevant reportingdocumentation is completed and MS claimed uploaded (via Design Team & SWC)
– Qualification in engineering discipline
– Thorough experience preparing Health and Safety documentation and assessing risks
– Experience in applying BIM in the design, realisation and hand-over phase