Security Detection And Response Engineer
Security Detection and Response Engineer
FPG Cyber is currently recruiting on behalf of our prestigious client, a world leading SaaS/ IoT provider, for a Senior Security Detection and Response Engineer, to work at our client’s state-of-the-art San Mateo offices. Due to an exceptional year, our client is now growing rapidly, looking to scale up at a rapid pace. They are an innovative security provider, looking to modernize the world of enterprise-level building Security. This is a fantastic opportunity to excel in your career, for someone who wants autonomy in their next role with the opportunity to make a lasting impact & build a legacy!
The successful candidate will work very closely with the CISO, as well as their Security Engineering & Development teams, ensuring that the software is being built securely and protecting both the users and their systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in programming and still be able to hold their own in a complex engineering environment.
It will be your role to ensure implementation & continuous improvement of the application security framework to harden online services and prevent attacks. The care that they are putting into building their system, embodies their values as people & as a company.
– Design, build, run & improve their Security Monitoring, Detection & Incident Response Infrastructure
– Onboard new systems and services to their SIEM
– Tune IR alerts to maintain high a signal
– Automate Data enrichment & IR workflows
– Simplify Incident Response processes & tabletop trainings
– Work with the CISO & security teams to cultivate & widen their entire security programmes
– Share your Cyber Security knowledge, skills & experience with others both internally & externally, via Security Conferences, Client Consultants & blogs
– BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
– Solid knowledge of AWS, GCP or any other cloud service provider
– 5+ years of experience as a Snr Security Engineer, Site Reliability Engineer, or Security Software Engineer
– Knowledge of Security weaknesses, attacks, exploits and mitigations
– Enthusiasm & passion for learning about new Cyber Security products, features, and strategies
– Coding Ability – The ideal candidate needs able to prove a strong background in programming.
– Knowledge & Experience with most of the following: SIEM, SOAR, AWS security tools (GuardDuty, AWS Config, CloudTrail) Terraform, Kubernetes, Containers, and OSquery
– Excellent collaborative skills, great written & verbal communication
Start date is = immediate (notice period accepted for the right candidates) please forward your resumes to: Tom Layzell at FPG Cyber email@example.com (202) 972 4320)