RF Engineer LTE / VoLTE
RF engineers – WCDMA / LTE / VoLTE
Senior RF Engineer is responsible for leading design, optimization and performance related activities for clusters and market, manage customer interaction, work across Nokia and Ericsson hardware networks cross functional teams, and meet deliverables for several stages of the project. ?
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
- Lead planning and execute tasks to optimize multiband LTE (4G) and VoLTE ites in the customer network.
- Lead Troubleshooting problem areas and provide recommendations for system performance enhancements.
- Generate script files necessary for RF optimization.
- Perform sanity check on the antenna configuration.
- Make sure that the Methods and Procedures for optimization are followed correctly and optimization procedures implemented are consistent with Nokia recommendations. ? Keep up-to-date documentation of optimization-related actions; also maintain archives of all collected data.
- Ensure all optimization work meets agreed-upon Key Performance Indicator criteria by launch date scheduled with the customer.
- Troubleshoot areas with poor RF performance. Request drive tests, analyze data and recommend network changes as applicable.
- Support KPI monitoring before and after migration, identify issues, analyze and troubleshoot and escalate, as needed, for resolution
- Support customer meetings as an optimization SME
- Mentor junior staff on NPO service best practices
Required Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- The candidate must have at least 4 years of experience in LTE RF optimization.
- A BS in EE or equivalent is required; MS degree is preferred.
- He or She must have excellent communication and people skills.
- He/she must be able to work well with customers at all levels.
- Flexibility to travel within North America is required for this position.
- Background in data analysis and tool generation a plus (software experience is beneficial). ?
- Minimum Bachelors level and 4 years of RF working experience.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of radio network optimization for LTE / VoLTE networks toward Ericsson, Nokia multi-vendor knowledge is a plus.
- Extensive post-launch optimization and troubleshooting competence. Deep knowledge about radio network parameter optimization.
- Proficient computer user including Microsoft Office and experience in computer applications for process and efficiency improvements.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, consulting, influencing and communication skills