Regional Property Surveyor
FPG are recruiting for a Telecoms Property Surveyor / Acquisition Manager on behalf of a leading international telecommunication company. Ideally the candidate should have exposure to previous telecom projects working with 3G / 4G / LTE / 5G RAN sites and mobile operators such as Vodafone / EE / MBNL / O2 / Telefonica / 3UK / H3G / Three UK.
The Regional Property Surveyor will be accountable for the day to day estate management in their individually allocated portfolio of sites; being the nominated subject matter specialist lead responsible for overall management and professional direction given in respect to specific cohort of sites.
Candidates based nationwide can be considered as long as the candidate is open for occasional travel to sites and client offices as required.
Scope of Work:
1. New Code Agreement renewals
2. Support any unilateral EE programme responsible for Unilateral New Code NTQ replacements
3. Exit Management and surrender negotiations
4. Old Code Matters including ‘54 Act
5. Rent reviews
6. Access Issues through escalation
7. Cabling wayleaves
8. Pre-legal advice (avoiding litigation where possible)
The RPS may be given specific responsibility to proactively and innovatively develop practices and processes to evolve, implement and deliver optimal outcomes and to report regularly on progress to the business as required. They will be the “go to” person for that specialism and will liaise and collaborate with internal and external experts, particularly Legal to achieve that aim. This will necessarily include internal and external workshops and compliance auditing.
Working collaboratively across all departments, to help improve the management of business processes and interfaces.
It is recognised that in certain instances, consensual agreement will not be capable of being reached. The ECC provides for a framework to enable Code Operators to make application to Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber), to determine whether rights are to be conferred upon the operator and the terms of such rights of occupation, in the absence of consensual agreement. The role holder will be responsible for reviewing and making internal recommendations concerning when to make such referrals and to be involved in the process thereafter.
The Role holder will be responsible for the tracking of all such referrals to Court, supporting the instructing Solicitors and for reviewing such to ensure that all other appropriate considerations are considered.
The role holder will be required to interface with landowner representatives.
- Introduce, through training workshops, client/customer’s Property processes.
- Engaging cross-functionally as well as within the Property Department to inspire and empower process change.
- Provide support to Shareholders, Suppliers and Contractors in the implementation of ECC reform especially in the context of renewals and to act as an escalation point when issues are encountered.
- Introduce innovation into all processes that can impact results, enhance delivery and assist the organisation to meet its business objectives and goals.
- Implement any “quick win” process improvements to enhance delivery and to react to what will be a rapidly evolving workspace.
- Support internal and external stakeholders in Acquisition, Legal Deployment and Transmission functions.
- Have a vision of the big picture and be able to foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Provide support to suppliers in site specific issues.
- Provide pragmatic, prudent and consistent advice to third parties to ensure the cost effective implementation of site acquisition.
- Maximise the cost savings / cost prevention through the effective use of the ECC.
- Play an active role in the leadership and management of escalations and escalation management to ensure pre-litigious cases are kept to a minimum, and where possible, aligned to KPIs.
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact me for more information.