RAN Solution Architect
FPG are recruiting for a RAN Solution Architect that is looking for a long-term contract opportunity to analyse, craft and develop commercially viable RAN Solutions to a portfolio of customers in UK. The successful candidate must have previous customer-facing and customer-centric experience in designing and proposing RAN solutions within 4G / LTE / 5G.
Candidates must be based in the UK with valid UK working rights due to the urgency of this requirement.
Scope of Work
- You will also provide profitable business by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals.
- As RAN Design SME you will interface with the customer, handling all aspects of High Level Design and Detailed Design for LTE & 5G, including radio hardware, software, parameters & feature introduction.
- Produce the Radio Design for deployment of LTE & 5G RAN solutions into customer’s Radio Access Network. As 4G RAN Design SME, you are responsible for producing the High Level and Detailed Designs, working closely with Customer’s technical counterparts and stakeholders. Delivering all design activities required for successful introduction and acceptance of new radio hardware, software and features, enabling the rollout of LTE and 5G across all customer site types.
- You will be working on RBS Solutions using the latest ERS products, Radio, Baseband and Site Solutions
- Prepare HLD (High Level Design) for 4G/5G RAN Solutions, based on customer network architecture, business & spectrum strategy, considering E2E impact.
- Produce Detailed Designs for RAN Hardware, Software & feature introduction, including Radio node configurations (layouts and connectivity diagrams for baseband/radio/antenna sub-system) and detailed mobility, feature and parameter design.
- Planning the lab testing of any hardware, software or feature, define acceptance test & trial requirements, for each product or feature introduction. Plan, organise and deliver live trials in customer network.
- Produce guidelines and engineering documentation suitable for use by implementation teams.
- 8 years of RAN Design experience with Radio products
- Experience of Radio System products (ERS)
- Expert knowledge of LTE parameters and features
- 5G knowledge desired
- Proven experience in producing RAN Design documents
- Proficient with network tuning & optimisation methods & tools
- Knowledge and experience working on RAN Swap and RAN refresh projects
- Site Engineering, Installation Engineering knowledge is helpful
- Proven experience of new product introduction, lab testing and field trial
If you are interested in this role, please apply for the role or contact me for more information.