RAN Solution Architect
RAN Solution Architect – Reading
FPG are recruiting on behalf of our client, a telecoms solutions company, for a RAN Solution Architect to join on a 6-month extendable contract based in Reading.
Solution Architect (RAN)
We are now looking for a Senior RAN Solution Architect who will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing commercially viable RAN Solutions for our customers in the UK. As a Solution Architect, you will also be responsible for providing profitable business by translating customer needs, and technology opportunities into detailed technical offerings, solutions and proposals.
- In this role, you will be responsible for High-Level Solution Design of RAN for our customer?s network in the UK. This role is responsible for producing all customer-specific High-Level Design documentation, detailing the RAN Site configurations to be deployed, based on the high-level solutions proposed by our pre-sales solutions team.
- You will have specialist skills in RAN Design & RBS Site Engineering and will be the main point of contact towards the Customer and internal stakeholders with regards to all RAN Design issues.
- The role is related Primarily to Radio Products, RAN Software, Features, but also can include Site Infrastructure, Rigging & Antenna Line, In-Building solutions, RAN Controllers.
- Responsible for adapting and evolving the processes, standards, methods and tools within the service family Civil Works and Site Engineering
- This role is suited to candidates with RAN Design experience
- Lead the RAN Design activities for deployment of LTE & 5G RAN solutions into customer’s Radio Access Network
- Acting as RAN Design Lead within the Programme, with close interaction with Customer’s technical counterparts and internal stakeholders, ensuring deployable solutions are in place to meet objectives of the project
- You will be responsible for producing and updating the High-Level Solution Designs for RAN Site Configurations to be deployed in the customer?s network, for new sites and swaps.
- You will be responsible for applying the generic RAN configurations & BoM which have been agreed by the pre-sales solution lead, into the customer-specific configurations/BoM in the High-Level Design
- Prepare HLD (High-Level Description) documents including product descriptions, configurations, diagrams (Nodes Layouts on Baseband/Radio levels) and connectivity diagrams showing details connections between baseband/radio modules
- Make changes and updates to the RAN HLD during the lifecycle of the project
- Propose and develop solutions to enable rollout and upgrade of LTE and 5G to all customer site types
- Support the New Product Introduction, provide solution support to lab testing team for new solutions, and FSI (First Site Integration) of new products into the customer network.
- Provide support to the KAM, programme and presales solutions team on RAN Solutions, for customer change requests, pre-sales opportunities and RFI/RFP
- Act as the prime interface to the project delivery team and customer to answer questions and provide solutions to issues related to products and configurations within the RAN HLD
- Work closely with Site Engineering Lead and provide support on new/updated configurations and solutions in the RAN HLD, to ensure that the HLD is translated into all the necessary Low-Level Site Engineering/Installation Engineering documentation, ensuring methods and procedures are in place for the smooth and successful rollout of the RAN.
- As a Solution Architect in this key position in the programme, you will be expected to identify add-on sales and business growth opportunities into the customer account
- You will be working on RBS Solutions using the latest ERS products, Radio, Baseband, and also Site Solutions, structures, enclosures, power, cooling, for Macro and Small Cell scenarios.
- Implement local delivery process Create local Engineering process adapted from global process, agree with the customer on ways of working, and handover into the roll out organization (eg. build, integration)
- Organise and prioritise all work against the site rollout and New Product Introduction plans
- Radio System:- Translate high-level solution designs into Low-Level Design documentation suitable for use by implementation teams
- Radio Infrastructure:- Design of Radio Solution ensuring the solution can be deployed customer’s cabinets or site footprint. Produce innovative solutions to deploy Radio onto customer RBS sites.
- Produce specific solution designs, design documentation, supporting documents (design guidelines, planning guidelines, gating guidelines etc)
- Review, comment & assess the impact of customer technical documentation, designs, design guidelines, installation guides. Interpretation of customer’s requirements and inclusion of key points into specific designs and guidelines.
- Produce and maintain the design for installation of RAN into the customer test lab
- Assess all HW, SW & feature compatibility in production of RAN Design
- Support for lab testing, trials and onsite with FSI (First Site Integration) / SSI (2nd Site Integration) where required
- Provide support into the programme on RAN Designs during the rollout phase.
- Antenna Line:- Design for customer Antenna System designs (Products include Massive-MIMO, Antennas, Feeder Systems, BiasTs, RF jumpers, TMAs, diplexors, splitters/combiners, RET and towers)
- Ensure design compliance (including Third Party Contractor compliance) with all Health & Safety, CDM, ICNIRP and any other legislative requirements
- Adapt global methods and tools – Create RAN Bill of Materials for site deployments
- Manage documentation in a structured manner.
- Agree with Customer on design rules in line with local industry standards, laws and regulations.
- Support sourcing – Activities include Creating Scope of Work documents for
- A least 8 years of RAN Design experience with Radio products
- Site Engineering, Installation Engineering knowledge is beneficial
- Must have a very good experience and knowledge of Radio Products the new Radio System products ERS and older RBS6000 products.
- Knowledge and experience working on RAN Swap and RAN refresh projects
- Prepared to travel throughout the UK (eg. Reading, Newbury, Bristol, Slough, travel to customer RBS sites)
- Proven experience in producing RAN Design documents
- Degree Level / HND in Technical Discipline or Relevant Technical Experience
To apply or for more information please contact Phil Jones at email@example.com . Thanks