Our client, an international service provider is interviewing immediately for a Field Engineer / Installation & Commissioning Engineer that is interested in moving into an office-based and customer-facing Technical Manager role. The successful candidate must have strong installation, commissioning and integration experience of RAN wireless networks. Unfortunately sponsorship cannot be provided so candidates must be already based in the UK.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience on customer projects with some of the UK?s leading telecommunication companies. Despite the current COVID-19 lockdown, immediate interviews are on offer for an immediate start.
Our client has a track record of various telecom projects in the UK and internationally. You would be responsible to coordinate and manage the activities across various telecom infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will have previous working experience with the likes of Ericsson / Huawei / Nokia / IRIS / Vodafone / MBNL / CityFibre / Virgin Media etc.
– Under your responsibility will be to oversee the technical processes and engineering to ensure project targets are met. Your focus will be on providing technical services delivery that meets client requirements in a profitable and timely manner.
– Hold meetings with customers and understand technical requirements prior to engagement
– Technical direction and lead by ensure standard operating procedures and project guidelines are in place. Must ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases.
– Controls Technical resourcing, development and management.
– Provide technical assessment and support during the recruitment of technical hires.
– Provide high-level technical support. Able to make quick decisions and solve technical problems.
– Supporting project managers with task allocation and resource coordination.
– Manage team communication. Conduct regular team meetings and track project progress.
– Identify technical resource and equipment requirements, efficient capacity planning and manage software and hardware availability.
– Able to make quick decisions and solve technical problems to provide an efficient environment for project implementation.
– Work with Project Manager to match resources to available jobs based on skill sets, previous experience & geographical location.
– Must ensure teams follow the correct procedures, policies and documentation requirements across project phases.
– Responsible for ensuring all technical knowledge, processes, and procedures are developed and updated.
– Provide direction and technical expertise in design, development and systems integration.
– Responsible for the acquisition, maintenance and management of all operational tools for Technical Development and Management.
– Provide line management for installation and commissioning resources. Conducts periodic performance reviews of team members and identify areas for improvement.
– Provide technical training to teams when required and serve as a technical mentor to team members.
– Must have experience within telecommunications in either mobile wireless or fixed line networks
– Solve technical problems
– Conduct team meetings and tracking the progress of projects
– Support Project Managers with allocating tasks and coordinating resources