OSP/ISP Design Engineer
First Point Group is currently looking for Fiber OSP/ISP Design Engineer with experience in telecommunications (FTTX, HFC, GPON, OSP, ISP, xDSL, Fixed Wireless Access) to work in Mexico City.
The ideal candidate should have the following knowledge:
The Fiber Design Engineer is responsible for designing and reviewing documents and assisting with drafting fiber designs into client tracking programs to ensure that the as designed solutions for OSP or ISP are accurately depicted.
- Draw layouts for OSP and ISP Fiber design.
- Performed geospatial analysis using GIS related software.
- Generation of bills of materials, splice sheets, and other supporting documentation for the design.
- Developed and analyzed GIS maps, using GIS mapping software.
- Knowledge on Low-Level Design, High-Level Design, Nominal Design, As-Builds, Make Ready, Traffic Permit and Construction Drawings.
- Knowledge in Technologies as GPON, xDSL, HFC.
- Route Design, Route Mapping, Identify best construction methods (Aerial, Underground)
- Related work experience in OSP and/or ISP fibre detailed design & fibre splicing.
- Fiber Link Budget,
Key Qualifications as an OSP/ISP Design Engineer:
- Proficient knowledge of design techniques, tools and the ability to function independently
- Proficient analytical, organizational, and time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize assignments
- Good knowledge of Fiber Network Design
- Experience working in GIS Systems
- Experience using tools like ArcGIS, Microstation, Smallworld, Telcordia Network Engineer, or similar.
- Experience in AutoCAD
- Fiber routing for aerial and underground installations
- English: Intermediate level for Design Engineers, and Proficient level for QA/QC and Lead roles as there will be interactions with US team and End Client.
Location: Mexico City
Rates: Competitive in market for the job role.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This job only applies for candidates with Mexican Nationality or Valid Work Permit through Temporary or Permanent Residency, Sponsorship is not considered for this role.