OSP Field Surveyor
Our Client, a Major Wireline and GPON Service company, is currently needing an OSP Field Surveyor to serve the Portland, OR area, as well as Vancouver, WA.
The OSP Surveyor will be responsible for completing a field survey and walk out of a preliminary Outside Plant (OSP)
Be able to identify the different taps, values, cables, conduits, vaults and power cabinets of each network node on site.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
Using the plant map:
- Identify in the field the fiber and coaxial network feeding residential and commercial neighborhoods.
- Verify location and types of vaults, pedestals, j-boxes identified on a site map.
- Be able to quantify the cable type/count and conduit capacity.
- Identify discrepancies from plant map to current field conditions.
OSP Field Surveyor SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment, manage time effectively with minimal oversight.
- Technologically fluent using an iPad and/or laptop.
- Strong communications skills.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a Drug Screen and Criminal background check
- Must have a clean driving record, no violations, to pass DMV background check.
- Be able to provide the basic tools required for this job.
- Working a smartphone or tablet with unlimited data
- Prior site survey Experience preferred,
- Prior to cable or fiber experience preferred
Duration: 12+ Months
Rate: $27 – $33 / Hr All inclusive
Location: Portland, OR market (Includes Vancouver, WA)