Optical Control And Management Standard Expert
1. Participate in the international standards, including IETF, ITU-T, ETSI, for the development of optical control and management standards; pushing the solutions developed internally to be adopted by the standard bodies; building up the connections with other major contributors;
2. Brand the standard solutions through events, such as industrial forum, academia, exhibition and so on;
3. Promote standard activities with the customers, supporting joint innovation between Huawei and operators;
4. Provide commercial Insight and feedback to product, to help in planning and roadmap.
5. Coach & mentor the junior standard participants, helping their success in future;
Position KPI:Position Key Performance Indicator
1. Deliver valuable optical control and management standard documents that are technically consistent with optical products
2. Deliver detailed technology and industry treads and customer insight to assist the company to carry out strategies in optical control and management area
3. Build up strong connections between the research team and relative standardization, technologies communities and industrial forum in optical control and management area
2.2 Position requirements
1. A Ph.D. or M.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required
1. 10+ year experience in Optical control and management standard development (GMPLS, SDN, PON Management, etc.), participating in IETF, ITU-T, ETSI, BBF, MEF, TMF, ONF, etc. The candidate should have professional knowledge in control and management technologies, such as SDN, info & data models, control and management protocols.
2. Good relationship with key standard players, good reputation in the standard activities and industrial events. Official position within Standard Organizations will be a bonus.
3. Successful experience in making key technologies/protocol/regulation proposals to be adopted by standard & implemented by the vendors.
4. Good skills in writing/presenting/arguing for achieving standardization objectives.
Skill appraisal (optional)
1. Professional background in either telecommunication, computer science, mathematics, electrical technology.
2. Familiar with standard development organization procedure, such as ETSI, ITU-T, IETF and BBF.
Professional certifications from third parties (optional) N/A
Professional knowledge At least mastering one of the following bullets
1. Professional in protocols that are widely used in the optical networks, such as GMPLS, OMCI, etc.
2. Solid understanding on informational/data modeling in optical networks, especially on YANG data models for management & control interfaces;
3. Solid understanding on the OSS/BSS and NMS/EMS systems for optical networks
1. Mastering C/C++/Python/Matlab programming languages or scientific computation tools
2. Good capability of writing/presentation/communication in English, good understanding about multi-culture;
3. Excellent team working and strong will for pursuing success
4. Strong Curiosity and open mind for new challenges
Additional requirement Accept inside-EU or international business travels
Core value of the position:
1. Establish industrial impact for Huawei optical control and management through standard work;
2. Provide suggestions to help determine the standard strategy for Huawei optical product, and responsible for strategy execution;
3. Collaborate with top experts from academia and research institute to lead the industry in technical approach, and feedback to product for future planning;
4. Coordinate with other standard experts on standard planning and strategy decision;
5. Build up technology relationship with customers, system vendors, etc. in Europe, even in global region. Create customer stickiness from a technical point of view and assist in maintaining and supporting customer relationships