My client is a global leader in optical and routing systems, they work under a committed people-first philosophy.
Their teams enjoy a culture focused on prioritizing a personalized and flexible work environment that empowers an individual's passions, growth, well-being, and belonging. They're a technology company that leads with humanity.
As part of the company's growth they are setting up a service support center in Mexico City therefore we are seeking new grads, mid-senior, and senior-level technical support engineers to build out the team. People full of passion for network and optical technologies, interested in developing professionally with one of the biggest players in the industry.
To be considered for this role, you must currently be based in Mexico City and have the right to work in Mexico. Unfortunately, visa sponsorship will not be provided.
Provide system-level pre & post-sales support for my client's customer base. This includes answering incoming customer calls, testing, troubleshooting, and remote technical support for my clients products. An understanding of any of the following areas would be beneficial: Network Management systems, data communications protocols including Ethernet and IP networks, or fiber optic transport and/or switching protocols.
- Answer incoming calls from our global customers as well as document, validate, and capture adequate information to facilitate a technical investigation.
- Respond to customer inquiries and provide remote technical support for issues related to our network management products promptly and professionally via various communication channels (phone, email, chat).
- Troubleshoot and resolve platform issues, performance issues, and configuration problems in a timely manner.
- Provide occasional after-hours work to support customer business requirements.
- Recover information necessary to escalate reported issues to senior engineers.
- Utilize debug tools as well as lab research to advance customers' technical problems.
- Provide Customer feedback to Internal teams as appropriate.
- Contribute to the technical knowledge base (KCS).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. Engineering, Communication and Electronic, Computer Science).
- Experience in a customer-facing role is a big plus
- Fluent English language is a must
Experience in any of the following would be considered an asset:
Foundational knowledge of network management systems, network protocols (e.g., SNMP), and performance monitoring tools. Basic problem-solving experience with Operating Systems, databases and microservice knowledge Foundational knowledge of the operation of fiber optic transport and/or switching equipment. Problem-solving experience with OTN/SONET/SDH equipment, Carrier Ethernet equipment or associated fiber optic facilities. Exposure with system level troubleshooting on Layer 2/4 networks and associated DCN networks.
- First 6 months fully on-site due to training purposes, after that will be hybrid - 2 WFH days
- 8 hours "Follow the sun" policy (must cover North America's work hours)- No nightshifts! - On call every 4-5 weeks
- Work Location: Polanco, Mexico City
Position only available for local Mexicans based out in Mexico City.