FPG are recruiting on for a Network Provisioning Engineer with IPVPN experience. The successful candidate will have previous experience on projects or with Virgin Media, Vodafone, Ericsson etc. Candidates with CCNA/CCNP/CCIP etc. certifications are welcome and this is a fully 100% remote working role but the candidate must be based in the UK as Security Clearance may be required.
Sponsorship cannot be provided so the candidate must be based in the UK with valid rights to work.
• Configure and commission solutions for the customer (MSP, SD-WA, Internet and Legacy core MPLS networks).
• Managing customer orders and network designs.
• Technical validations ensuring integrity of network inventory.
• Maintain systems and databases
• Support rollout of project
• Configuration of IPVPN and internet products
• Maintain documentation
• Quality assurance through pre and post configuration testing
• Ensure error-free installation and performance (layer 1, layer 2 and layer 3)
• Validate customer design documentations (CDD)
• Network configuration according to local work instructions / GDA configuration guidelines
• Over 2 years of experience and knowledge of Cisco routers & switches, PPP, MLPPP, Ethernet, configuring Cisco, Alcatel and Juniper devices
• Good understanding of TCP/IP protocols & services (TCP/UDP, IPSec, VoIP, SNMP, DNS, Radius/TACACS+, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF), Transmission fundamentals
• Understanding of MPLS VPN fundamentals and their application within a Service Provider environment, including the application of QoS mechanisms
• Oracle IPSA, Alcatel5620SAM, Cramer, Alcatel5620 ATM, SDH / IP platforms: Nortel Preside and associated Mux elements, Marconi /EMOS, Marconi (MSH), Ericsson SOO MV36/MV38, SAP Portal.
• Knowledge of multi-vendor firewall configuration