First Point Group have partnered with a growing venture capitalist owned SaaS company whop are recruiting for a Lead Engineer to join them full time and be based in Toronto, Canada. Our client is quickly becoming a leader within the B2B space for its innovative ideas within customer loyalty. Their exclusive SaaS solution has become so successful that they doubled their headcount by 100% during 2021.
- Leading projects and project teams.
- Leading and mentoring members of your team, to ensure high quality deliverables.
- Delivering projects that improve the quality of the client’s product and minimize defects.
- Delivering challenging project requirements within budget.
- Managing shifting priorities as necessary.
- Structure code in a manner that can adapt to the type of scale and maintenance required for the scope of the work.
- Work on engineering initiatives to drive large feature sets, whilst being careful to not create technical debt in the process.
- Champion and demonstrate the reduction of technical debt.
- Be the lead on “go-live” project deployments.
- Demonstrating awareness of topics that are current business priorities and apply that knowledge when making decisions.
- Providing technical direction of the company and drive technical improvements at Enable.
- Lead architectural and technical design decisions.
- Improve software engineering quality standards within the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science (or equivalent).
- Recent hands-on coding experience within a Microsoft shop (.Net, C#, VSL, etc.).
- Prior experience leading technical projects, preferably within a SaaS company.
- Prior experience in a venture capital owned company or start-up company preferred.
- Team mentorship experience.
- Architectural design experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work in a fast past ever evolving technical environment.
As the Lead Engineer/Solution Architect you will receive:
- A highly competitive base salary.
- 20% bonus potential.
- Extremely generous vacation allowance + time for personal wellness breaks.
- The chance to work in a company that is quickly becoming a leader in their field.