IP Networking Technical Support Engineer
We, at First Point Group, are growing together with our clients in the Industry, in a fast paced technology driven environment where 5G Networks are now a reality, that is why we need people like you to be part of this amazing technology transition journey.
- Design, Implement and maintain network infrastructure for LAN/WAN environments.
- Operations responsibility for Daily health checks of network elements, such as switches, firewalls, routers, load balancers, IPS and related elements.
- Responsible to maintain network elements on a supported software level based on LCM plan with support from 3PP.
- Participate in designing and maintaining IP addressing, network diagrams, traffic flows, and Firewall policies, etc.
- Ensures the environment is secured and in compliance with Ericsson corporate security policy provided by L3 Security.
- Perform configurational changes on various DataCom network elements.
- Create Method of Procedure (MOP) documentation and coordinate and execute proactive and reactive maintenance activities.
- Attend customer meetings regarding upcoming network related changes to assess impacts on our production systems.
- Documents and updates all network infrastructure diagrams and flows.
- Responsible for recovering all incidents and troubleshoot major delivery degradation in addition to trouble ticket resolution.
- Assist Service Delivery Managers in problem resolution and root cause analysis, and develop strategies to mitigate outage implications.
- Must be able to be on-call 24×7 to support escalations and outages.
- Experience with designing, implementing and operating secure and manageable switched and routed networks is required.
- Experience with enterprise switching technologies, including link negotiation, VLANs, trunking, inter-VLAN routing, port aggregation, and fault isolation is required.
- Experience with enterprise routing technologies, including static and dynamic routing, routing protocols (OSPF and/or BGP required), and fault isolation is required.
- Experience with VPN technology, including configuration, monitoring, and fault isolation is required.
- Experience with packet capture hardware/software to support fault isolation is required.
- Open to being on call outside of regular working hours as well as occasional nights and weekends.
- Enterprise level experience with security solutions such as IPSEC VPNs, SSL VPNs, IPS, etc. is preferred.
- Hands-on experience with firewalls, including Juniper or Palo Alto firewalls General skills:
- Ability to clearly relay technical knowledge to both technical and non-technical people, written and verbally
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
- Presentation Skills.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Experience with Juniper routers and firewalls, Palo Alto Firewalls, Extreme switches and/or Ericsson routers.
- 3-6 years’ experience in an IP Infrastructure environment.
- Palo Alto, Juniper, or Extreme certification a strong plus.
This position requires eligibility to work in USA without sponsorship.
Feel welcome to apply if you consider this job requirement is a great march with your working experience.