One of the world’s leading telecom companies is interviewing for an Incident Manager to start as soon as possible. The successful candidate will have previous experience working within a NOC environment and ideally have previous experience with vendors / operators such as Huawei / Ericsson / Telefonica / O2 etc.
This is a key role within the 24/7 shift environment acting as the primary lead for major or significant incidents affecting the customer(s) service or network. The individual is responsible for owning, driving and managing the restoration of the service or network ensuring clear, concise and timely communication is maintained throughout the lifecycle of the event and capturing relevant information and learning as part of the post incident reporting.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
– Accountable for management of major/significant Incidents or risks which have or might affected the customers network or service ensuring that relevant actions are taken to the reduce risk/restore/stabilise the service as quickly as possible. Provide clear, concise, and timely communication to customers and internal stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of the Incident managing expectations, issues or concerns effectively.
– Responsible for creating the initial incident report post service restoration or incident closure. Ensuring any actions, observations or learnings are captured and any immediate relevant follow up activities are requested and tracked within the relevant system/process.
– Act as ?Single Point of Contact? for key individuals/departments within the customers and internal organisation in relation to the management of the service. Owning any escalations, requests or queries ensuring appropriate action is taken to manage or resolve.
– Accountable for ensuring continuity in the management of ongoing Incidents or events and awareness of current risks and issues which have or might gain high level of visibility or attention within the customer/internal organisation.
– Responsible for maintaining a constant high-level awareness of key KPIs and service performance when on shift, working with the offshore teams to ensure that key changes are understood and relevant actions in place to address/correct.
– Creating or updating process documentation to reflect changes in handling of customer escalations or queries, were necessary highlighting significant gaps or changes to the RTO Manager.
– Actively contributing to development and improvement of the service across all aspects of the delivery (Ways of working, management of work stack, customer interface and management, 3PP engagement, performance of delivery units, automation etc).
– Maintain and drive a self-managed competence baseline, identifying development and learning requirements in line with the customer network/service evolution and its strategy. Sharing knowledge and experience openly with the formal and virtual team members.
– Cover the role of the recovery lead when requested which includes key security cleared responsibilities.
Technical Competencies (Essential and Desirable)
– Good level understanding of the customers network and services – Essential
– Experience working within a customer lead environment with ability to manage customer expectations and build/maintain key relationships. ? Essential
– Proven ability to manage/lead service/network recovery within a complex support and service environment – Essential
– Ability to use database/spreadsheet applications to manipulate data and reports to support ongoing analysis and present conclusions – Essential
– Good understanding of ITIL incident, problem, change practices. ? Desirable
Key personal traits
– Good people skills with ability to lead/manage multi-disciplined teams within local and global environment against time critical events and incidents ? Essential
– Strong Team player (formal and virtual teams). – Essential
– Excellent communication and relationship management skills with ability to lead/steer decision making process? Essential
– Good time management, planning and organisation skills, with ability to review and adapt based on changing operational environment ? Essential
– Analytical and strong problem-solving skills, with thorough attention to detail. ? Essential
– Confident communicator, internally and customer-facing, written, verbal and face to face. ? Essential