RAN Implementation Manager – Madagascar
LOCATION – Madagascar
The implementation manager role will be responsible for the project management of the End to End delivery of an assigned number of sites in a major rollout delivery program.
Functional Role description: Implementation Management
- Manage site roll-out across the project with a focus on a certain area’s/clusters.
- Manage sub-contractors working for Ericsson in Network Roll-Out ensuring sub-contractor is on the track with agreed rollout plan. This includes managing Site Survey and Rollout, new equipment logistics, site access.
- Ensure that the implementation work is in accordance with Ericsson procedures, local laws, regulation and with respect to customer’s directives.
- Development of Implementation project budget.
- Monitoring and Control of implementation spend in alignment with the budget.
- Establishment and familiarisation of their assigned program cluster & site list in Site Handler.
- Complete awareness of the latest current reported status from the Approved Service Providers (ASPs) in the field.
- Governance of the Ericsson sub-contracted ASP re their strict compliance and adherence to their contracted scope of work.
- Co-ordination with a group of specialist resources providing functions and services: H&S, QASIS and Logistics, to deliver an assigned portfolio of sites within the portfolio of clusters assigned.
JOB ROLE DESCRIPTION
- Assign priorities to the ASP and Integration team to focus and drive delivery each and every day.
- Monitoring, driving and realisation of daily, weekly and monthly delivery run rates and requirements to the customer business as per the Ericsson contracted commitments.
- Report on plans and progress in regards to the implementation.
- Identification, mitigation, reporting along with the management and control of risks to the program plans.
- Act to resolve unforeseen technical, quality and performance issues.
- Responsible to manage exceptions, slippage and issues of priority, at the project level, escalating where required and initiating proactive and mitigating actions to address same wherever appropriate.
- Responsible to provide leadership, command and control and direction to the team.
- Trigger purchase orders and invoice follow-up for implementation work.
- Assure the quality of implementation and act on performance issues.
- Identify add on sales opportunities related to implementation in ongoing projects.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of data in Site Handler is accurate and up to date.
- Assure that Ericsson preferred processes, methods and tools are implemented and followed.
The Implementation Manager has the authority required to fulfil the functions, work tasks, and responsibilities stipulated above. These authorities include, but are not limited to:
- Instruct project coordinators, project supervisors, ASP’s, site engineers, and integration engineers assigned to his/her project on their working tasks and responsibilities.
- In coordination with the project manager set-up time plans and schedules for the resources assigned to his/her project.
- Submit regular status reports to Program Manager.
- Represent Ericsson in project related customer meetings
- Collect and have access to all information necessary for the fulfilment of the responsibilities.
- Control any costs impacting the given project budget.
3 Main ActivitiesMain ActivitiesMain ActivitiesMain ActivitiesMain ActivitiesMain ActivitiesMain Activities Main ActivitiesMain ActivitiesMain Activities Main Activities
The Implementation Manager is responsible for the following:
- Organising and coordinating the installation, verification and acceptance, configuration and integration with the Customer Project Manager, Customer and Authorised Service Provider, including resource requirements and planning.
- Ensure that the ASPs works are in accordance with the required timeline and work quality.
- Handle implementation questions and problems from own organisation, Suppliers and Customer.
- Assure that the customer approves and accepts the implementation work. If any outstanding items he/she is to follow up on the progress until the site is accepted by the customer.
- Ensure the Bill of Materials (BOM) is issued.
- Inputting into the Weekly Operational Review Meetings (ORM’s)
- Provide program management with progress and status reports on installation, verification and acceptance.
- Co-ordinate with logistic on an equipment delivery to sites.
- Ensure that safety guidelines are enforced during implementation.
- Manage all implementation change requests issued internally
- Plan and follow up quality audit.
- Plan and follow up of quality assurance.
The exact nature and content of each of the listed deliverables above are subject to the project scope of work which is derived from the commercial contract and project plan. Note all documented deliverables must be stored in the Project Library in Eridoc.
4 ReportingReporting ReportingReportingReporting ReportingReporting
- As a Line Function to the LSO Field Services Deployment Manager.
- As a Project Function to the Rollout Manager.
5 Relationships and interface relationships
- Program Managers
- Customer Project Managers
- Project Planners
- Health & Safety Officer
- Design, Integration, Transmission Engineers
- Site Supervisors
- Site Solutions
- Project Quality Manager
- QASIS Auditor
- Project Finance Manager (PFM)
- Supply Management