First Point Group are currently looking for a Huawei Wireless Engineer based in Africa
- Responsible for design, integration, test, troubleshoot and acceptance of 2G/3G/LTE RAN in Huawei Vendor Equipment
- To analyze network performance, resolve complex network problem, and optimize network architecture.
- As a technical point of contact, e.g. engineering team, customer, and vendor.
- To engage directly with projects team, project team, and customer for the purpose of promoting and delivering strategic services.
- Be part of critical network interventions, when the need arises.
- Trouble-shoot I & C related issues.
- Provide technical support to field teams for fault resolutions on the field.
- Alarm & performance monitoring in support with NOC.
- Technical support for the RNC/BSC which includes routine RNC/BSC O&M and troubleshooting, Node B and EnodeB in Huawei Vendor Domains.
- Knows 3G signaling processing Minimum of 6 years experience in GMS/ UMTS/WCDMA
- Correct RNC/BTS/Node-B faults and performance degradations in the network
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Operations & Maintenance processes
- Diagnostics on interfaces to locate problems in network elements and/or plug-in units Failure reporting & escalation, if needed Standard Engineering Support activities for network and service development
- Degree in Electrical Engineering with specialization in telecom or equivalent degree
- 6 years of experience in RAN network
- At least working with RAN in the past 6 years, such data configuration /commissioning/ troubleshooting and optimization.
- Excellent English is written and spoken communication skills. Excellent interpersonal communication skills. Ability to work efficiently in a team.
- Strong leadership, team and project management skills and experience with a variety of telecom projects.
- International work and multi-project experience is desired.
- The engineer must have good knowledge and some experience troubleshooting Huawei RNC/BSC 6900/6910 and NodeB/ENodeB 3900/A
- Conversant with Huawei management Platforms ie, U2000, PRS.
Other Professional Skills
- Able to work in a fast paced working environment.
- Excellent team spirit with good communications and interpersonal skills
- Customer service oriented and good presentation skill.
- Strong experience independently executing the task.
- Ability to work under pressure without losing focus.