Head Of Lab – Test Environment 5G And Cloud
First Point Group USA is urgently looking a for senior 5G Lab manager to work with our major client in Denver Colorado – to set up a new Testing Teams for 5G, Big Data and Cloud environments.
• Manages all the test environments from AWS Sandbox, ISV labs, and Field Test Environments
• Establish lab test environment blueprints and corresponding end to end configuration requirements
• Collaborate with DISH cross-functional teams, including AWS cloud team, Field Deployment team, PaaS team, Private Data Center team, technical SME’s for various 5G components/elements
• Repurpose Lab instances by re-configuring them to meet ongoing Lab instance requests from Lab consumers and achieve operational savings by keeping high utilization rates for lab infrastructure
• Manage Lab Test environment requests from Lab consumers – initial review, interactions with lab consumers to clarify any requirements, lab test environment scheduling, project plans, providing lab access (VPN connections)
• Prepare any documents/templates for Lab test environment management (Lab Instance Request/Requirements, Lab Entry/Exit level criteria, Lab test blueprints/configurations)
• Work with automation experts in automating configuration of lab test environment instances and integrating such automation in CICD/DevOps pipelines
• Bachelor’s degree in Telecom or Electrical/Computer Engineering.
• At Least 6 years of experience working within the Wireless industry on either the carrier or vendor side of the house
• Strong Familiarity with both AWS and VMware cloud offerings – including CICD and DevOps pipelines (e.g. AWS Code pipeline), used for NFVi (VM/Kubernetes) resources creation/provisioning and services deployments
• Attention to detail – when building and maintaining lab test environments, Head of Test Environments must ensure that all details are correct, from lab configuration, software code to configuration settings, in order to avoid malfunctions, bugs, and security breaches
• Knowledgeable in 5G End to End Architecture (5GC/IMS, ORAN, Cloud – private DC and AWS pubic cloud)
• Familiarity with SDN/NFV/Cloud and VNF MANO concepts
• Familiarity with 3GGP technologies and 5GC/IMS, O-RAN solutions and respective components
• Cloud Native Architecture experience including micro-services and containerization.
• Familiar with DevOps and CI/CD methodology
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Strong time management and decision-making skills
• Customer service – Head of Lab Test environments must possess a strong customer orientation, as they provide technical support as requested and explain complex topics in layman’s terms to lab consumers
• Technical writing – must be comfortable with technical writing if they are to produce documentation about lab test environment design, lab request templates, lab entry/exit level criteria, and other essential project information. Likewise, they must be able to interpret diagrams and system plans
Onsite requreiment and candidate must be able to relocate to Denver.
Top compensations and long-term engagement