First Point Group are recruiting to support one of the UK’s leading operators with a project for a Field Technician with experience installing, diagnosing and fixing Customer Premises Equipment such as DWDM, Ethernet, Fibre/copper cabling and/or mobile technology such as 3G/4G/5G equipment. The successful candidate must be based across the UK to be allocated a region to cover: London, Midlands, Manchester, Cardiff, Bristol, Reading.
- You will play an integral part of the operator’s Field Engineering team, performing installation activities in support of our networks at both core and customer sites as well as carrying out low complexity assure activity on both the mobile and fixed estates.
- Provide support to Field Engineers where required whilst developing skillset and potential.
- Adherence to quality and H&S standards as well as achieving agreed performance targets is essential to this role.
- The role holder must have a flexible approach to working hours and be willing to travel if required to meet the demands of the business.
- The candidate may be expected to participate in a 24/7 rota and / or shift pattern as and when required in alignment with the requirements of the Operating Unit you are assigned to.
- Rooftop based working is essential and the role holder will be expected to undertake regular health assessments to ensure that all aspects of the role may be carried out safely.
- Install, commission and maintain the operator’s network, products and services to agreed operator standards and service levels without compromising safe working practices.
- Follow our HSE Absolute Rules, without exception.
- Communicate with internal and external customers in a professional and timely manner.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and challenge existing processes and procedures in order to deliver operational excellence for our customers.
- All areas of the Field Delivery team.
- Engineering Dispatch teams (onshore / offshore).
- Network Operations Centres (“NOCs”).
- Customer / Network Project Management teams.
- Equipment Vendors Technical Support Teams.
- Partners and Suppliers.
- Business customers.
- Formal telecoms/electronic qualification or equivalent experience gained through previous roles.
- Hands on experience of the following telecoms technologies.
- Core transmission technologies e.g. DWDM and Ethernet.
- Fibre and copper cabling and termination.
- Multi-Vendor CPE and Unified Communications.
- Mobile networking technologies 3G/4G/5G and associated equipment.
- Microwave Radio.
- Ability to work both in a team and on your own efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work in a focused manner under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage own workload to best meet the demands of the business.
- Adaptability and the ability to learn new skills quickly.
- PC skills (IT Literacy).
- Valid / full UK / EU driving license (Category B).
- Excellent customer-facing skills.
- Ability to achieve and maintain SC clearance status.
- IP & Data accreditations – e.g. Cisco CCNA / CCNP.
- Wireless Network design and deployment.
- LAN/WIFI and peripheral equipment’s.
- Unified communications solutions.
- Advanced Climber / Tower Rescue Certification.
- Switch and Field DC power systems.