Field Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer – Field Operations
FPG are recruiting on behalf of our client, a leading telecom company. They are looking to hire RAN Field Support Engineer to support and guide the maintenance teams in the field.
The role involves includes guiding field engineers by phone and remote assistance and helping them to perform troubleshooting activities. It also includes analyzing recurrent or complex cases to propose a solution to the customer and other stakeholders. The activities are mainly performed from the central office in Zaventem and sporadic outside the office to visit radio sites to solve complex issues at the site.
- Supporting the field engineer and guiding the troubleshooting for field engineers requesting technical support, strive for the best solution and strive for the quickest and best solution and cost-effective solution to restore the services of the site or solve the fault temporary or permanently.
- Drive the activities out-tasked to external subcontractors and support the subcontractors with technical matters working for Ericsson on Aerial and other sites interventions and manage the out-tasked workstreams and handle the necessary admin tasks.
- Supporting the field engineer for technical questions and support of HW delivery from warehouse or vendors (Quick Delivery).
- Writing procedures and guidelines for implementation of new hardware equipment, deployment of this equipment and corrective on the existing sites. Train the Field Engineers accordingly on this process.
- Able to support or solve issues escalated internally, NOC?s, by customer, subcontractors or identified during a field visit.
- Work together with Service Desk, field team leaders, NOCs and other stakeholders in order to resolve the technical problems.
- Prepares, follow, carries out and controls the operations done on the network by technician or subcontractor to solve issues, configuration’s modifications, and implementation of new functionalities or integration of new equipment, coordination and participation to the planned operations (can be after working hours).
- Keep the database updated following the result of operations
- Transfer knowledge by training, coaching, guiding, explaining, documenting and handing over relevant knowledge to colleagues.
- Report the progress on a daily basis the team leader and escalate timely issues when applicable
- You shall have practical experience in field operations, installation and maintenance of radio site environment and microwave networks.
- Huawei RAN, ZTE RAN, Ericsson microwave experiences and related antenna systems
- Experienced in site environment equipment and good knowledge of site power equipment and power regulations.
- You shall have a good understanding of Health and Safety at Work and First Aid; sufficient understanding regulations, policies and procedures, specifically access procedure for radio sites
- Language EN is a must, NL/FR is an advantage
- Team Player, Analytical, Persuasive and user- friendly communicator
- Customer focused and Result-oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Capable to work effectively with Windows PC and superior knowledge of Microsoft/Excel/Outlook/Access/Word and capable to work with advanced apps on the mobile or tablet.
- Certificate is compulsory GOF2
- Driving license cat B and has his own car to drive to the sites within Belgium territory. The work is usually performed remotely from the Zaventem office, but sporadic site visits are required.
- You shall have own mobile phone (Android based) and own voice and data subscription. The mobile phone shall be capable to take clear pictures to be used for uploading in the databases.
- Location: Zaventem
- Working Time: 40 hours per week
- This position is for a temporary external resource for 12 months, starting 1 December 2019 with an option of an extension or fixed employment.