First Point Group have partnered with a growing venture capitalist owned SaaS company based in Toronto, ON. Their exclusive SaaS solution has become so successful that they doubled their headcount by 100% during 2021. Due to their continued success and growth, our client has an immediate need for an Engineering Manager to join them on a full-time capacity leading their engineering teams here in Toronto.
- A highly competitive base salary.
- Flexible work environment (home working and office available).
- Up to 20% additional bonus.
- Free stock options/equity.
- Free food and replenishments.
- Generous allowance for PTO and wellness breaks.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of 6 to 8 engineers.
- Ensuring that key projects and engineering duties are fulfilled. Including answering technical questions, overseeing estimates for project work, and training for new engineers.
- Assisting into the technical roadmap of the product.
- Identifying and planning the adoption of new technologies as well as reviewing current standards/practices.
- 3+ years’ experience leading software engineering project teams either as a direct line manager or team lead.
- Experience working in start up or venture capitalist owned environment.
- Provable track record of delivering projects to high standards.
- Demonstrable work that has pushed an organization forward.
- Improving standards.
- Deploying new technologies that are consistent with the roadmap.
- Improving business processes.
- Solid product knowledge for the systems our client develops.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to engage and motivate others.
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to be decisive and make difficult decisions.
- Strong technical design capability.
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage a team of engineers.