Customer Support Engineer
Job spec – Customer Support Engineer – Egypt
FPG are recruiting on behalf of our client, a large and multinational communications infrastructure company, for a Customer Support Engineer to join on a 6-month extendable contract be based in Cairo, Egypt.
Job spec – Customer Support Engineer
- The Customer Support/Technical Support Engineer is responsible to deliver high-quality technical support service towards Customer?s NOC engineers, network operations department and engineering department. TSE is responsible to fulfil contracted SLA response times related to the technical query, trouble resolution and Emergency service.
- Proactively plans and performs advanced technical activities requiring knowledge in multiple areas or on a system level to service the customer. TSE prioritizes work based on customer impact and brings expertise to customer site on a need basis. Identifies and solves proactively demanding problems and communicates them to key stakeholders. Participates as an expert in own technology area in customer projects.
- May support areas by participating in emergency and 24/7 duty. Is active in networking and knowledge sharing. Develops processes, tools and working methods. The main focus will be PON (GPON/XGS-PON) based fibre solutions. Ideally, the candidate has technical knowledge of Fixed access/fixed broadband/optical transport or aggregation networks.
- Resolve technical queries for external customers
- Prioritize reported problem reports together with the internal global product support team and R&D
- Troubleshooting and fault reproduction
- Handle Software download and delivery tasks for customers
- Develops customer-specific Acceptance test manuals and Upgrade procedures
- Setup of local testbed facilities.
- Planning and Execution of Network Upgrade/Updates (night shift)
- Work closely with internal global product support, R&D and relevant teams to investigate product faults and drive correcting process
- Provide technical documentation for new SW releases to internal and external customers
- Work in international teams
Experience / Skills Required:
- Proven working experience 5-10 years or more
- Solid technical background in fixed broadband access systems (xDSL/VoIP/GPON/SDN/Linux/Windows/Scripting languages).
- Technical support experience preferred.
- Team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated. Ability to work under pressure and learn independently.
- Good communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Can prioritize work and handle multiple tasks in parallel.
To apply or for more information please contact Phil Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org . Thanks