FPG are recruiting on behalf of our client, a leading multinational consultancy and solutions company. They are looking for a CPE Engineer with experience in developing/design/support of IT systems, ideally focussed on embedded CPE and the home gateway space.
My client is looking to add another 3 CPE Engineers to their team they’re looking for individuals with a strong technical aptitude and communication skills.
The role holder is responsible for leading design, development and test within the Smart Hub development team. The core purpose of this role is to contribute to the development and assurance of broadband router software and hardware for their next-generation hardware platforms.
The role holder will set the direction for technical developments of the Hub development backlog, utilising Agile development methodologies, in line with industry technical standards and the strategic needs of their broadband product set.
The role holder will be expected to act as a lead development engineer and point of contact for the wider TV & Broadband team and related component teams.
Key skills as a CPE Engineer:
- Engineering experience in developing/design/support of IT systems, ideally focussed on embedded CPE and the home gateway space.
- Practical experience of Home Gateway and Home Networking standards ideally including some of, but not restricted to IPv4/IPv6, PPP, IPoE, Wifi, UPnP / Multicast, IPSEC, EoGRE, LTE.
- A collaborative and innovative approach to problem solving and fault finding.
- Use of issue tracking, prioritisation and continuous integration tools, e.g. git, Jira
- Experience of testing methodologies, particularly with a view to using of automation.