Core Network Support Engineer
Core Network Support Engineer – London
FPG are recruiting on behalf of our client, a telecoms solutions company, for a GSM/GSM-R (2G, 3G) Support Engineer within their Service Delivery Management team.
This is a permanent role based in Dublin, with some travel to other parts of Ireland as part of the role.
The GSM/GSM-R (2G, 3G) Support Engineer works within the Service Delivery Management team and is responsible for providing the technical skills to support our customers both onsite and remotely. On a day to day basis, the focus is on implementing solutions for our customers as well as troubleshooting reported issues by the clients.
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
The Company is a global system integrator and a supplier of end-to-end telecommunications solutions for fixed and mobile network operators, railway operators, urban transport organizations and companies seeking real-time asset management solutions.
Responsibilities as a Core Network Support Engineer:
- Use Tetra, GSM-R Core / NSS and Access/BSS expertise to deliver and support all related integration and acceptance tasks.
- Coordinate Integration and Acceptance (I&A) activities for projects with the involvement of different departments and teams
- Creation, definition and review of test plans with the customer
- Execution of test cases with the customer or independent engineers at the customer location
- Create and track/report/close trouble tickets opened during testing or maintenance.
- Interface with the customer to collect all information required to resolve issue/collect traces on-site if necessary
- Closely work with internal Transportation teams including Product Support and R&D specialist engineers and external suppliers (OEM) to ensure that tickets are resolved within the shortest possible timeframe and at least within the defined SLAs
- Communicate progress and technical solutions to the customer.
- Provide regular status reports internally and to the customer.
- Anticipate customer escalation and keep management abreast of the situation
- Participate in regular customer meetings as company Transportation technical representative
- Participate in 24/7 support rotation.
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the technical area along with the previous end to end integration and/or technical support experience of GSM or GSM-R (2G, 3G) telecom technology. A strong expertise in at least one of the Access/BSS (BSC/TCU, RNC, Node-B, BTS), Core/NSS (MSC, MGW, HLR, IN/SCP, SMSC & STP) or OAM (OMCR, CNMS) domains and a solid understanding of an end to end wireless network products and protocols is advantageous.
Fundamental to this role:
- Well organized, self-motivated and structured with effective communication skills, you are a solution finder with attention to details. Possess a strong technical acumen with excellent analytical skills.
- Capable to work on GSM(-R) / Tetra cases and drive them to resolution
- Understand and explain complex GSM(-R) technical issues to customers and to a different level of management within the company.
- Analyse the performance metrics related to the supported customers in order to keep the level of support as defined in the support contract or, when missed, to provide corrective & improvement action plans
- Negotiate with customers the escalated issues in order to provide them temporary solution/workaround/action plan, as applicable, to keep escalation under control and to keep customer satisfaction at expected level.
- Provide, to technical support manager, a customer barometer at any time and to be able to provide clear and concise information about customer issue in order for technical support manager to report at Leader/Executive level
- Applies knowledge and skills through handling problems beyond own area of expertise.
- Experience of any of the following would be an advantage; Tetra, GSM/GSM-R Access/BSS (BSC/TCU, RNC, Node-B, BTS, OMCR), OAM (OMCR, CNMS), Core/NSS (MSC, MGW, HLR, IN/SCP, SMSC & STP) networks and related signalling/protocols
- Excellent customer-facing experience.
- Full Driving Licence
- Company Benefits package including: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance, Company Mobile phone & laptop
- Career progression and ongoing development
- Training and support towards further certifications
Travel: Up to 30% (nationwide)
Homeworking: Manager’s discretion