I?m recruiting for a seasoned Construction Manager to work for an up and coming US mobile phone Operator based in Chicago, IL
The ideal candidate should have experience with managing construction of wireless cell sites and also preferably with utility/fiber.
This opportunity is a 6-month renewable contract role with the possibility of becoming permanent for the right candidate.
Below you can find the full job description, please let me know if you are interested.
*** Please Note: This is only open to US Citizens or Residents with authorization to work here in the United States.
You will be responsible for the successful construction of 5G radio facilities in your assigned market or region.
This will include all facets of the site construction process… coordination of site walks, review of drawings, coordination with utility and fiber delivery companies, as well as managing all construction partners / sub-contractors.
– Assist the national team with the development of a construction strategy that Strategy that includes partner selection criteria, construction intervals by municipality, utility and fiber coordination, bidding process, and other tasks as the strategy is developed.
– Assist the national Team with the requirements drafting and analysis of initial Construction RFPs that will be utilized to select construction partners in given markets.
– Help with the development of the clients Construction standards.
– Award jobs to construction partners which contemplate cost, crew availability, quality of work product, etc.
– Oversee and manage an assigned Market Construction process and work with the National Team to modify the 5G Construction process with lessons learned to improve project planning and scheduling efficiencies.
– Review and redline zoning, construction drawings and all permit applications as required.
– Coordinate all construction activities including site walks and inventory coordination.
– Ensure that power delivery is coordinated with construction tasks.
– Solid understanding of microwave and other front haul or backhaul installation processes utilized in wireless Macro and Small Cell deployments.
– Interface with Program Management and partners to ensure project completion on time and within budget.
– Coordinate with the site and project management teams to ensure timely delivery of sites.
– Report project status and performance data to program management.
– Proven ability to work in a matrix managed organization with Program Management, RF and Transport Engineering, Site Development, and Legal to achieve deployment objectives.
– Ensure that all close out packages are complete and accurate.
– Minimum of 8+ years wireless construction management experience.
– Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree or equivalent work experience.
– PMP certification preferred but not required.
– Possesses a successful track record (on time, minimize scope creep and within budget) of construction projects.
– Previous experience with successful management of macro and small site builds in a Greenfield environment required.
– Capable of managing multiple projects and responsibilities, sometimes under extreme time-critical conditions.
– Natural ability to work with all levels of management, staff, and vendors.
– Proven experience managing partner relationships.
– Proven experience with people management, with direct and indirect influence.
– Results focused, using energetic and positive leadership and communication skills.