First Point Group are recruiting on behalf of a rapidly growing telco company based in the UK, they specialise in building secure 5G infrastructure and shared wireless network technology.
We are looking for a Cloud Engineer who will be responsible for the implementation, integration & testing of our global cloud infrastructure.
Cloud Engineer Job Description:
- Work in conjunction with Solution Architects to design, implement integrate and test new cloud infrastructure & technologies.
- Creating HLD's and LLD's, test documentation and operational guidelines.
- Assist in supporting the investigation of faults within our cloud infrastructure, working alongside suppliers and internal teams to resolve issues within a timely manner.
- Define and test software upgrade procedures, including roll-back procedures.
- Be a virtualization and cloud specialist, with a solid understanding of public, private and hybrid cloud technologies to assist in the deployment of VNFs & CNFs.
- Install and configure a globally cloud network to support a wide range of applications, including Packet Core, 5G O-RAN,
- Management, Control, Data Analytics, Security, Networking etc.
Education & Relevant Technical Experience for Cloud Engineer role:
- 5+ years experience of designing, developing and implementing cloud solutions on both private & public infrastructure.
- Experience of working as a Cloud Engineer or holding a similar related position.
- Managing and maintaining cloud infrastructures
- Working with OpenStack, KVM, Linus/UNIX (Docker & Kubernetes are desirable)
- Knowledge of cloud security
- Knowledge of network and internet protocols: TCP, IP, DNS, HTTP.
- Technical Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant technical field.