Are you a Software Engineer that is looking for your next opportunity within an exciting industry such as Media Broadcasting? Do you have experience working with languages such as C#, .NET and some AWS/Cloud experience? FPG have an excellent permanent opportunity with a leading provider of Media and Broadcast Services that provides broadcast services to well-known household names. If you are looking to join a global company with operations in every continent, is this the opportunity for you?
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join a team of broadcast engineers in maintaining existing web and workflow software solutions.
• Understanding and optimizing existing systems and their dependencies
• Providing 24×7 support as part of an on-call rota, managing support tickets and knowledgebase wiki’s.
• Working with product owners, internal stakeholders and external customers to understand new requirements and advise on solution options and ideas.
• Producing specification documents for new features or change management with risks identified and estimated turnaround times.
• Development, testing and deployment of new features and solutions with regular updates on progress.
Qualifications and qualities
• Batchelor’s degree in Software Engineering or similar technical qualification
• Comfortable working in an iterative software development environment
• Good knowledge of software architecture and some design patterns
• An enthusiastic and self-motivated approach to work
• Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and can easily adapt to changing customer requirements
• Excellent communication and written skills and be able to present complex solutions with clarity.
• Able to work with customers directly in a commercially aware manner
• Strong knowledge of C# .NET, ASP.NET MVC
• Strong knowledge of Entity Framework and SQL
• Knowledge of AWS Cloud Services and Architectures
• Knowledge of WCF and RPC design patterns
• Knowledge of HTTP APIs and RESTful design patterns
• Knowledge of Service Orientated Architecture and Microservices
• Familiar with basic system admin knowledge and server management, including hosting architectures, webservers and databases
• Familiar with source control e.g. Team Foundation Server or Git
• Any experience using cloud platforms and development of ( cloud based ) scalable software systems is advantageous
Please apply directly or if you are interested in other opportunities, please send your CV to email@example.com