BSS Technical Support Engineer
First Point Group are currently recruiting for BSS Technical Support Engineer.
Role: BSS Technical Support Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Start date: January 2020
The BSS Billing System Engineer (Level 2) provides second-level support to Billing system Operations and acts as Subject Matter Expert for Billing System operations. They intervene and execute in vulnerability assessment, Incident response handling and Continuous Monitoring requirements to protect sensitive data. They also carry out proactive analyses in order to improve network and assist the planning and development of the customer?s billing system. This role will also be acting as the interface between the operation team and the vendor-specific maintenance and advance support for all billing-related matters.
Working knowledge of IN charging platform, VAS Platforms, Offline Mediation, AR. IPCC CRM, SCP systems including daily maintenance Provides second-level subject matter expert support to Charging System of Surepay & Billing system hands-on for 6D Products)
Intervene and execute vulnerability assessment, incident response handling, billing system provisioning, Continous Monitoring and audit reporting
Provide audit and continuous monitoring artefacts to Billing system as required
Identify false positives and provide documentation
- Strong knowledge of Surepay products
- Strong knowledge of 6D BSS Mediation and Provisioning
- Some knowledge of MCAS middleware.
- Knowledge in Billing System Fault Management, Configuration Management
- Knowledge in Billing System Routine Health Checks & Preventive Maintenance
- Knowledge in Billing System Routine System backup & restoration
- Detailed knowledge of the configuration of the Charging Matrix.
- Detailed knowledge of all configurations in the above-mentioned platforms.
- Detailed knowledge of the creation of rating tables and charging rules for each service.
- Implements Time band charging rules
- Detailed Knowledge of Network Migration from one node to another.
- Detailed knowledge of Call Trace capturing and analysis of CAMEL signalling.
- Determining the fault level, locating and rectifying it and verifying the fault recovery.
- Detailed CDR and log Analysis skills
- Daily checking the failed/error CDRs and files for making sure that the system charging is correct
- Daily checking the system capability and performance
- Oracle / Linux and database administration know-how.
- Familiarity with regular proactive and preventive maintenance (backup, alarm analysis, problem detection).
- Good knowledge on NetAct
- In order for the Billing System Engineer (Level 2) to generate success in this role, they must:
- Have over 5+ years of experience in an operational environment
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electronics & Communication, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Customer interaction experience
- This position serves as out-of-hours Level 1 for nights/weekends/holidays
- Have the ability to adhere to strict process and procedures for managing customer networks
- Is results-focused and understands the criticality of meeting customer SLA and KPI requirements
- Is fully aware of the impact of delivering the quality of service to our customers, and understand how this position contributes to such success
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Has the ability to assess priorities and act appropriately to meet customer commitments and requirements