LinkedIn is the largest professional networking site in the world, with more than 260 million active users. Over 75% of people who have recently changed jobs used LinkedIn to inform their career decision. With the most extensive professional profiles combined and its use of intelligent targeting, LinkedIn is an incredibly compelling tool to reach out to not just active, but passive candidates as a dominant employer.
While LinkedIn offers a great deal of access to free accounts, the premium and recruiter licences are the most beneficial to all sized businesses. Here are some of the key features…
LINKEDIN: JOB ADVERTS
LinkedIn job adverts can be purchased on a job slot basis. This means that you are able to interchange job adverts as and when the requirement comes up. The platform’s accurate algorithms serve your job adverts to the most appropriate audiences, based on keywords and skill tagging. You can then view applicants or even see who is looking at your roles to see what companies they work in.
Jobs will be seen via:
- LinkedIn newsfeed
- Their emails
- Mobile site
- Home page
- Job search
- Your employee profile pages (paid)
- LinkedIn career page (paid)
LinkedIn Recruiter search functions are second to none. You can search and target advertising content (LinkedIn Campaign Manager) or send direct messages (Inmails) straight to your shortlist of candidates.
Based on your searches and requirements, profiles are recommended to you with the intelligent algorithms. The search functions also enable you to deliver a personalised experience to the candidate.
How to get a high response rate on Inmails:
- Send fewer messages, but include details about the individual that brought them to your attention.
- Reference something in common such as a colleague, place of study or previously worked for organisation or a mutual LinkedIn group.
- Make the subject line as relevant to the recipient as possible.
OPTIMISING COMPANY PAGES
Over 57% of companies have a LinkedIn company page. It is crucial to be one step ahead of the competition. Company pages are entirely free to set up. Simple ways of boosting your LinkedIn Company Page:
- Posting industry updates daily from the page.
- Ensuring the information is always accurate & up to date.
- Optimise your page content for both viewers & SEO (see more about this here).
- Highlight different aspects of your brand with Showcase Pages. This will further personalise the experience.