In January, I wrote my predictions for the telecommunications recruitment market in LATAM along with three of the hottest telecommunications jobs. I followed this with an article highlighting how the grow of 5G deployment was dominate across LATAM (specifically in Chile). Alongside this, there has been a huge increase in the number of jobs in Cloud across all of Latin America. According to a recent market update, the Latin America Cloud Storage Services market will be worth $145bn by 2026. This is a huge increase in size given that it was valued at $2.4 billion in 2021.
An increase in jobs in Cloud
As per the above report, “the impact of global lockdowns, business continuity changes and growing trends at home, COVID-19 forced organizations to move to cloud environments”. With the increase in demand for Cloud, we have seen this translate into a more jobs in Cloud being recruited for across Latin America.
A report by Ken Research, produced a six-year forecast in 2018. In this report, it stated that within “Telecom & IT sector huge amount of data is generated, owing to this, the sector has emerged as the largest adopter of cloud computing and accounted for a major share in the region and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecasted period.” That was before the pandemic expediated the need for Cloud astronomically. Of all the Latin American countries, Brazil leads the way with the largest need for cloud solutions, followed by Argentine, Chile.
Three of the hottest jobs in Cloud in Latin America and their key responsibilities:
- Deployment of Cloud Projects
- implementation and integration of the products
- Testing of laboratory environment for new solutions
- Provide internal support and preparation of documentation
- Implement, install, configure, integrate the elements of the solution to be deployed
- Preparation and updating of the documentation concerning the infrastructure of the project
- Survey requirements and interaction with businesses on issues of dependency and particular needs
- Researching and integrating open-source software components
- Writing code to improve an open-source tools
Recruitment for jobs in cloud within Latin America is currently booming and 2022/23 is expected to see exponential growth. If you are considering a career move for a new job in cloud, contact me or our team in Mexico City.